Concealed carry indenting in thigh? Anyone else experience this?

Discussion in 'General Firearm Forum' started by 3404speed, Jul 8, 2020.

1. 3404speed

3404speed Well-Known Member

Ok guys so ive been iwb carrying everyday for about 6 years. I carry on my left side at the 10 oclock position on my waist. Ive noticed it for awhile now but theres a noticeable indentation in my leg where the holster sits. No bruising or pain just if you look at my left thigh vs my right thigh you can definitely see it. Anyone else experience this where you carry? Just curious

Nadz and MyKey like this.
  2. Danzig

Danzig I do hood rat sh%t! Supporter

Texas
    Are you right or left handed? Just curious. I’ve been carrying 25 or so years. No Carrying attributable indentations that I noticed on myself.

3. stokes

stokes Active Member

37 yrs,everyday,always strong side 3-4 oclock,no marks,indentations or accidental discharge holes in the hip.Just curious,what kind of gun/holster are you carrying that reaches your thigh?

4. 3404speed

im left handed. Im a bigger guy, 5’11” at about 205 lbs. my thighs are wider than my waist so maybe thats my issue, im also active all day at my job fixing tractor tires, picking tires up and use my body a lot to lean on stuff when im working and walk a average of 5-6 miles a day. Im using a multi holsters kydex holster for my 43x with deep concealment and fbi cant. The spot that i notice goes from my hip down about 3 inches to where the end of the holster rides. Im sure the walking and pressure all day doesnt help. It gets pretty tough in the summer with the sweat.

5. Danzig

Danzig I do hood rat sh%t! Supporter

Texas
    I was a tad bit fatter than you and my friends used to say I had tree trunks for legs. But I wasn’t as physical as you so there’s that.
    Sounds like either you could change to a different holster or location or just live with it.

3404speed likes this.
  6. 3404speed

I usually wear my pants on my hips instead of over my stomach, i dont have a huge stomach but i may try wearing my pants up higher and see if it helps, not sure if that spot will return to normal or not

Danzig likes this.
  7. stokes

stokes Active Member

Nah,you're scarred for life

MyKey and 3404speed like this.
  8. 3404speed

Oh well, no bruising or pain

9. j102

j102 Well-Known Member

You can try pocket carry (a different gun I guess). If you wear cargo pants you have plenty of pockets.

3404speed likes this.
  10. LostinTexas

LostinTexas Well-Known Member

Pull your pants up. :rolleyes: Right handed and carry at 1:30-2:00 and it tells when my self supporting holster rides down.
    Otherwise, I got nothing.