conceal carry holsters

Discussion in 'Holsters and Cases' started by bfish, Feb 13, 2012.

1. bfish

bfish Member

I currently carry my 27 in a Remora which I absolutely love! It's on my hip (IWB) at 3 o'clock and can easliy move it to 4 if I like since its a no clip holster.. I can run jump sit down and do everything with it while on my hip. At least and its no big deal at all and super comfortable. I've even slept with it like that. But mainly I just want to know what you guys carry with and what you think about it. I am always up for trying something new or a little different so let me know if you think something better is out there

2. Jmullennix

Jmullennix New Member

I Carry A G22 in a DeSantis Gunhide. I could not imagine carrying anything else. it spreads out the weight. I carry about 4:30 posistion. Oh and I had one of the clips break after 2 years of Daily use and sent me a full replacement set free of charge.

3. kodiak

kodiak Active Member

I use a crossbreed supertuck

4. bfish

bfish Member

@ kodiak
    I bought a crossbreed supertuck. Any advise as far as setting it up? Like depth or angle or anything? Ya its preference but did you make changes or leave it alone?

5. kodiak

kodiak Active Member

I adjusted it so the top of the kydex was in line with the top of my pants (no kydex showing & no material from pants above kydex). This gave me the depth/angle and re-holstering is a non issue.

Lead fastener 3rd hole from bottom
    Trail fastener 2nd hole from bottom

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 21, 2012
  6. kodiak

kodiak Active Member

and no those are not acid wash jeans lol I tried to clear it up so you could somewhat see the kydex line I was talking about.

7. bfish

bfish Member

Ya I think that's about what mine looks like both of them 2 from the bottom so sitting fairly high but is on my pant line just like that. If it gets broken in like that and later I want to change it is that a big deal?

8. kodiak

kodiak Active Member

Put the front on third from bottom and try it. I think you will find it sits better. Both on 2nd from bottom is standard config (less angle). It only takes a few minutes. I don't think it will be a big deal if you decide to change down the road.

9. condor56

condor56 New Member

cc holsters

Anyone have any suggestions for a inside belt holster for a guy with love handles?

10. kodiak

kodiak Active Member

I really think something like the crossbreed would work. Strictly my opinion...hear me out on this. If you think your love handles are going to get in the way, you would want something that has a backing with support. Something that would hold your handles out of the way enough to allow easier access to your weapon. If you just get a simple holster with no backing (I'm talking about the leather portion), your love handles would be even more in the way...know what I mean?

11. condor56

condor56 New Member

Kind of what I was thinking. Thanks for ur input.

12. I honestly don't know how anyone can stand IWB made of Kydex.

13. Trotac

Trotac New Member

It's not a problem at all... I've been in an all Kydex IWB (with a light) for a year and a half now for 10-12 hours a day. Kydex doesn't hold sweat like leather either.

14. kodiak

kodiak Active Member

Yeah, I wear mine 15-16 hrs a day and don't feel it (crossbreed). Although I just ordered a light compatible phantom modular holster today for the 19 so we'll see how that feels IWB. Main purpose was for OWB though.

15. bkdow

bkdow New Member

I just ordered a glocktech mic holster. Anyone use it?

16. Levelcross

Levelcross New Member

kodiak has a good set up, when I set them up for new customers I keep the Kydex about an inch above the belt line. If the belt gets over the Kydex it really complicates everything. Also a good quality belt goes a long way in making these holsters great.

17. liz0262

liz0262 New Member

Question for you all - I have the G36 Slimline 45 - awesome gun!!! Here is my question - holsters/rigs for women are much harder to find. For women who wear suits and dresses everyday - what do you suggest other than a Galco Purse Holster?? Women dont typically wear a belt (at least I dont with a suit) and if no jacket - cant do a shoulder holster..... any thoughts??? I do carry my 23 in a purse holster but need something for the 36. :cool:

Last edited: Feb 23, 2012
  18. Trotac

Trotac New Member

I hear stuff like this a lot, and it is unfortunate that no real good solution has been created yet. Without a belt, it is tough to wear a conventional holster. Alternatives that come to mind would be belly bands, "thunderwear" type products, and other "soft" concealment type garments. There are couple of women that do concealed carry blogs, but I can't remember the names right now... I'll see if I can find them.

19. nursekj

nursekj New Member

Same here, I worry about being able to get to ANYTHING in my purse quickly. We also just had someone shot at a local mall when it discharged when she sat her purse on the floor. I never wear a belt but I guess it's the simplest fix for now.

20. STOP STOP STOP STOP

God this always makes my brain hurt. The purse is the first thing to be snatched, stolen, robbed, taken, dropped, forgotten I could go on ALL day. There are boatloads of companies that make holsters for women. USE THEM!!

STOP PUTTING GUNS IN YOUR PURSES