Glock Firearms banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I am just wondering has anyone in Texas recently gone thru the class and paperwork?

From the few places I've called prices seem to range from $90-$175 for the 10 hour class and range test. Then its another $10 for 2 passport photos (some classes do this free) Finger Printing at an L1 approved location $10 and then an additional $140 for paperwork to the state - wait 30-90 days for license.

I was always under the impression Texans liked guns - why would they make it so expensive? Kinda bummed - Now ill have to wait till payday and that's not till the first of next month :(

·
1,310 Posts
If you are near San Antonio, check out www.lonestarhandguns.com. They have competitive prices and do everything for you including range fee, photos, and prints.

·
1,310 Posts
Sorry, that was www.lonestarhandgun.com. If you must, Google it. They are excellent. Both my wife and I went to them. Staff is professional and knowlegable.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
1,310 Posts
Check out Cabelas. I'm looking at the Ft Worth store now, they have a class on 12 May for $50 includes range, photos, and prints! Wow!

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Check out Cabelas. I'm looking at the Ft Worth store now, they have a class on 12 May for $50 includes range, photos, and prints! Wow!
SWEET!!! They just built one up the road from us :) Thanks man!

·
Registered
16 Posts
I am in the Houston area. L1 will e mail your prints and pictures to austin, those are the pictures they used for the license. 56 days from the time I put the papers in the mail until the day I got it in the mail.

·
Registered
836 Posts
So I am just wondering has anyone in Texas recently gone thru the class and paperwork?

From the few places I've called prices seem to range from $90-$175 for the 10 hour class and range test. Then its another $10 for 2 passport photos (some classes do this free) Finger Printing at an L1 approved location $10 and then an additional $140 for paperwork to the state - wait 30-90 days for license.

I was always under the impression Texans liked guns - why would they make it so expensive? Kinda bummed - Now ill have to wait till payday and that's not till the first of next month :(
Yeah, that's a little pricey. I live in TN and the class and range course fee is between $65-$75. App fee to the state is $115 and they take your photo there at no extra cost. The fingerprinting is done at the local sheriff's dept. at no extra cost as well.

·
1,310 Posts
jtk07 said:

One more thing in case you didn't know, you don't need a CHL to carry on your property, including in you vehicle. I realize this limits things, but it's better than some states.

·
Registered
931 Posts
jtk07 said:

Sounds just like Kansas. Paid total about $220 and waited 120 days..

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Its a joke IMO - Amendment # 2 - and I'm good with the times have changed we need to do background checks (however i just did one to obtain my glock) and the political BS that goes along with it (like tax on personal defense - its like a health insurance policy & should be tax free). Just another thing we could start a RANT on..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts