Conceal carry a G17

Discussion in 'Holsters and Cases' started by Kreig, Mar 30, 2012.

1. Kreig

Kreig New Member

Besides "Buy a G19" any one have any tips or insight on conceaaled carry of a G17?

2. Caseyglock19

Caseyglock19 New Member

I tried it for 2 months and switched to the 19. My buddy does it with his 17 but the only holster that doesn't print with that full size glock is the clipdraw

3. Kreig

Kreig New Member

I like the idea of the clip draw but it doesnt seem like it would be very secure having only one point of contact on your waistband.

4. Caseyglock19

Caseyglock19 New Member

I feel the same way about the clip draw. I wanted one for months then I bought it. It kept slipping so I have it to my buddy.

5. P35

P35 New Member

I carried a 17 most of last summer. I use a Kirkpatrick Texas Strongside.The trick for me was to get the butt of the pistol up close, and wear loose shirts.

6. Kreig

Kreig New Member

I wear a tshirt and a very loose fitting overshirt most of the time. But not always. Ill check out the strong slide.

7. fls348

fls348 New Member

Really depends on body type. I normally CC my G19 but I have carried my G17 quite often, but usually in the winter.

I'm tall and kind of thin so in the summer with lighter clothes it prints badly. In the winter though with a un-tucked shirt you'd never see it.

I use a fobus in winter and a kydex/leather 'crossbreed' style holster.