Glock Firearms banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Super Moderator
75,379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have any experience using the Concealment shirts or the Belly Bands?
Pros and Cons
Just curious.

·
Banned
14,133 Posts
Belly Bands are real good for concealment, but you got to practice

presentations as it can also slow your draw time.

Moved from Announcements & Support to Conceal & Open Carry sub forum...

·
Registered
13,460 Posts
If you are referring to concealment t-shirts, I have the Tactical 5.11 concealment undershirt ($59.99 plus tax at Scheel's), in black. I use it when I wear formal attire but cannot wear my shoulder rig.

It is available in black or white, stay away from the white because gun oils will permanently stain it.

It is totally elastic. Stretches and bends well, does not affect body or arm movement. With a dress shirt on top of it (or coat and tie) the gun is totally invisible.

I keep the '26 or the '30 in the left side pocket, and one spare mag in the right side pocket.

One con: the pocket has no holster in it, so a small pistol like the G26 (or the G30) will move around in the pocket. Been toying with the idea of making some kind of holster to insert into the pocket, but have not really sat down and focused on the issue.

Other con: costs as much as some high-end holsters.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
75,379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Happysniper1 and Shooter13 for the input. I have wondered if they are worth the money. I think I will stick to my holsters for the moment. I might pick one up to try when I have some extra money.........or..........just buy more ammo. Lol!

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
I like the 5.11 shirts, but the others that you'll find online or at gun shows are different. They put the gun further back and for me it made the gun nearly inaccessible. I'm pretty thick in the chest, which makes it difficult. Compared to a regular vertical shoulder holster, those shirts put the gun an inch or more further back.

As far as belly bands, I have one that I use when I'm in gym clothes. It's comfortable enough to wear all day around the house as well.

My only issue with it is that mine doesn't have a thumb break. That's generally not a problem, it held the gun well, but I was wearing it one day when I went to the doctor. I forgot that this particular doctor pulled my shirt up when listening to my heart & lungs; most of my doctors listen through my shirt. Well, he pulled my shirt up quickly and unexpectedly. My hand didn't get back fast enough and my shirt grabbed the butt of my Walther PPS, yanking it out of the belly band and sending it flying to the floor. Needless to say, the doctor freaked out and I left it in the car or kept it in my pocket after that. He slowed down on pulling my shirt up too. :)

It did allow me to confirm that the Walther drop safety works...

·
Super Moderator
75,379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
jonm61 said:
I like the 5.11 shirts, but the others that you'll find online or at gun shows are different. They put the gun further back and for me it made the gun nearly inaccessible. I'm pretty thick in the chest, which makes it difficult. Compared to a regular vertical shoulder holster, those shirts put the gun an inch or more further back.

As far as belly bands, I have one that I use when I'm in gym clothes. It's comfortable enough to wear all day around the house as well.

My only issue with it is that mine doesn't have a thumb break. That's generally not a problem, it held the gun well, but I was wearing it one day when I went to the doctor. I forgot that this particular doctor pulled my shirt up when listening to my heart & lungs; most of my doctors listen through my shirt. Well, he pulled my shirt up quickly and unexpectedly. My hand didn't get back fast enough and my shirt grabbed the butt of my Walther PPS, yanking it out of the belly band and sending it flying to the floor. Needless to say, the doctor freaked out and I left it in the car or kept it in my pocket after that. He slowed down on pulling my shirt up too. :)

It did allow me to confirm that the Walther drop safety works...
Ok cool, then when it's time, I will go with the 5.11 shirts.
Thanks jonm61.

·
I'm Back!
260 Posts
I've never used the Concealment shirt but I had a belly band for my bug and loved it.... Even wore it running once and didn't have any problems. The belly band is a good way to carry when you are in gym shorts or you have your shirt tucked in and can't wear a holster.

Happysniper1, try using a remora holster in the concealment shirt for your Glock 26, might help

1 - 11 of 11 Posts