Complete G20 slide

Discussion in 'Glock Accessories & Gear' started by pthardin, Feb 26, 2012.

1. pthardin

pthardin New Member

I'm thinking of getting a G20 slide for my G21. I have an Advantage Arms .22 slide for plinking. I thought the 10mm slide would round out the set. I have seen the cost of 10mm ammo; maybe just use it for hunting?

2. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Sponsor Lifetime Supporting Member

Welcome to the Glock Forum pthardin !!

3. jimmyalbrecht

jimmyalbrecht Glockn Rollin

Welcome! Or get into reloading, which I plan on doing because I want a 10mm so bad haha.

4. jonm61

jonm61 New Member

I'm not sure that would work. I think the ejectors are different between the .45 and 10mm and the .45 ejector wouldn't work reliably, possibly at all, on the 10mm. I believe that's the reason that you can do so many conversions on the 20, that you can't do on the 21. If it were just a matter of filling out the hole in the slide, then anything you could do to a 20, you could do to a 21.

5. pthardin

pthardin New Member

I was going to replace the entire slide. With a new magazine, I would have a new pistol.

6. pthardin

pthardin New Member

I sent my new .45 long slide out for cerakote today, building another .45 upper instead of the 10mm.

7. Danzig

Danzig I do hood rat sh%t! Supporter

Texas
    This is what I was talking about;

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YYKZBRl1A5I&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/ame]

8. Ghost23

Ghost23 New Member

I don't know what all the fuss about 10mm pricing is, georgiaarms.com has the cheapest 10mm pricing on the internet. $21.50 for full power virgin brass 10mm? It's great. Underwood ammo also has amazing prices.