Competition glock

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by gunsmithie23, Jun 4, 2012.

1. gunsmithie23

gunsmithie23 New Member

I've got a glock 26 and a glock 23 for my carry guns and I want to get into IDPA, IPSC, and 3 gun. What glock should I buy strictly for the competition?

2. G17XJ_BS

G17XJ_BS New Member

I think the 34 is a competition oriented version. 9mm, a bit longer than a 17, adjustable sights and lighter trigger I believe.
    Welcome to the forum Gunsmithie23, pop over to the introduction section and tell us a bit about ya. Great group here, you will enjoy it.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2012

3. GlockIt

GlockIt Carry on my friends!!!!

Mine's a 17, but it can be a working gun too but it's mostly for competition...

Attached Files:

4. gunsmithie23

gunsmithie23 New Member

See I was thinking about either the 17 or the 34 mainly cheap rounds plus if I get a full sized gun like that I probebly won't carry it although I am able to carry and hide my full size M&P 45 quite Easily. So I don't know I suppose I should probably go and rent each so I can shoot them and decide. And I went on the introduction page and told everyone a little bit about me.

5. EvilD

EvilD New Member

You have to figure out what class you want to shoot, If you just want to shoot production, get the 34, if you are thinking about shooting about limited, get the 35. This is for IPSC/USPSA, I know nothing of IDPA other than I don't like a lot of their rules so I don't shoot it. if you are shooting 3 gun, get the 34. Why I stated this is because, 40 offers no advantage in production, you want a power factor of 125 or so (weigh x velocity/1000) which scores minor, all production is scored as minor. If you shoot limited you can't shoot major with a 9mm, no mater what your PF, so load for to major PF(165) is the way to go and take advantage of the major scoring. 3 gun doesn't use PF unless your shooting IDPA 3 gun from what I hear.

6. gunsmithie23

gunsmithie23 New Member

I think I'll go to the range and rent a 34 this weekend and try it out

7. gunsmithie23

gunsmithie23 New Member

I do appreciate the advise a lot though everyone you have definatly made my decision a lot easier.

8. Birddogyz

Birddogyz Regular Guy

The 34, is a great choice. That is what I use in GSSF Matchs.

9. gunsmithie23

gunsmithie23 New Member

Looks like I might have to try GSSF as well. I am definatly gunna try the 34 this weekend

10. Webphisher

Webphisher Duct Tape, Alabama Chrome

I just got my G34 Gen4 yesterday. That thing makes targets your *****!

11. ash1012

ash1012 New Member

I have the 35 that I shoot in limited USPSA. But yea I would look into what class you want to shoot in. If you want to sup up your gun at all then I would go for a 35 limited. If you just want to shoot your stock gun then I would go with the 34 for production.

12. gunsmithie23

gunsmithie23 New Member

See I want to shoot SSP for IDPA so I'll probebly end up with the 34

13. gunsmithie23

gunsmithie23 New Member

I'll also probebly shoot production in IPSC and uspsa as well now I just need to find a place down here where I can practice

14. EvilD

EvilD New Member