Glock Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Premium Member
3,629 Posts
The reason for the cost is you are also getting a barrel to go with the comp. Normally you would just thread the comp on the barrel. However, it appears to have substantial recoil reduction, especially with the G19. Watch carefully the slow motion parts. Taran is a world class competition shooter, not only USPSA but also 3 gun. I have yet to see something that he recommended that didn't work.

Now how much more fast and accurate you will be with this? Well, without getting the fundamentals done first: stance, grip, sight picture and trigger control, not much. Most all shooters would benefit far more from shooting lessons than adding aftermarket parts.

· Banned
995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Looks cool but $$$
It does appear pricey but when I checked out the price of threaded barrels and screw on compensators for Glocks the cost comes out about the same.
One interesting point that they advertise is since the compensator doesn't screw on to the barrel it's legal in all 50 States, at least for the moment. :cool:
Ride Safe. Dr.Tramp...............

· Banned
995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
I checked out some more reviews and they were all positive so I after searching online finally found a place that had 4 in stock. I called to make sure that they were actually in stock and the guy said that they had just sold one and were down to 3 so I put in an order.
Good thing we thought ahead and had Detroit Holster make the grandson's holster able to accommodate a compensator when we ordered it. :)
I'll take some pics after it arrives and we install it.

· Banned
995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Update on the Radian barrel and compensator kit we got for the grandson's Glock clone.
Installing the barrel and compensator was super easy. Bare in mind that his pistol is a 3rd Gen M19 with a full ZEV SOCOM kit, slide, barrel and modified frame though the action parts are OEM.
Took it out to the range and after the pistol started heating up, 20+ shots, the action started to stick and eventually wouldn't go into full battery. We brought it home, took it apart, and figured out that the barrel and compensator were contacting the slide at the front edge of the ejection port and just below the front sight so we took off about .010" of material off at those points.
Afterward we took it out to the range again and it worked perfectly with no additional evidence of contact. On a stock Glock I don't think any clearance work would be needed.
After we got the sticking problem resolved and were actually able to run a couple 100 rounds through the pistol the barrel and compensator combo worked amazingly well to reduce felt recoil and muzzle jump resulting in greatly improved accuracy and shot groups for the grandson.
He did notice that the pistol heats up quicker and more when using the compensator but not horribly so and he figures that the benefits are worth the extra heat.
The compensator definitely changes the look of the pistol too.
Ride Safe. Dr.Tramp..........
Trigger Air gun Gun barrel Gun accessory Composite material
Trigger Air gun Gun barrel Gun accessory Composite material

1 - 8 of 8 Posts