Compensated Glocks and firing from a high tuck position on the draw

Discussion in 'General Firearm Forum' started by cmiddleton, Feb 4, 2012.

1. cmiddleton

cmiddleton New Member

Since I have never owned a compensated Glock I have often wondered how it does with concealed carry, namely the presenting part and not so much the carrying part.

So a bad guy pulls a knife from 7 yards and is charging you, you have just enough time to draw and fire from the high tuck, are you going to barbecue your upper arm and chest?

Just wondering if it is something that anyone has to deal with as I contemplate my next handgun purchase.

2. KeenansGarage

KeenansGarage Hiding in plain sight....

I would not want it to happen, but then again, if it were me against him, I choose me! I don't care about a little blowback, as long as I live!

Now, I haven't shot a C model, but I can't picture it being that bad to cause serious damage. I don't plan on attempting this to find out. :)

3. jonm61

jonm61 New Member

I haven't fired one, but I've seen pictures of them during fire. There's a lot more fire coming from those ports than you might think. If you fire one from a high tuck, you will burn your clothes, possibly your flank and you'll likely get a face full of heat and blowback. It'd be better than being dead and better than being stabbed. I'm not sure if it would be better than being shot.

4. mikecu

mikecu New Member

If you fire a c model in the dark there is a good chance that your vision will be impaired from the flash. Who needs that?

5. series11

series11 Hail Commifornia Lifetime Supporting Member

I am getting a V ported G21 and I have asked around and many people have said things on both sides. I decided to go through with the ported Glock because the flash I've been told depends on the ammo and doesn't ruin night vision more than a non ported Glock and have had people say on this site and on the XCR Forum that there isn't that much fire and while it may burn a few hairs they didn't even know it happened. The only thing that I heard that was from both sides is that it is louder but that is the only similarity.