Compact 380 poll

Discussion in 'General Firearm Forum' started by jneal, May 30, 2012.

1. jneal

jneal New Member

Am looking to buy a new bug.... Thinking about keltec,lcp, or bodyguard. Price is not important. Give me your feed back!..... Go!

2. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Sponsor Lifetime Supporting Member

Well, I own 2 firearms that are chambered for .380acp...

A Colt M1908 made in 1922 and a Walther PPK/s made in 1972.

Both are extremely well made and function perfectly with HP's.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

As far as the other brands mentioned...I own 4 Kel Tecs, just not in .380acp ( three 9mm's & one .32acp ).

They are also well made, reliable, and lighter to carry than the two above.

Last edited: May 30, 2012

3. Deuce

Deuce Because 2 Are Better Then 1

My choice (because I own one) is the LCP w/ crimson trace. Great pocket gun. The finger grip extension is a must though. At least for me.

4. bhale187

bhale187 New Member Supporter

Keltec P3AT has been great for me for the past several years. I only shoot it 100-200 round a year, but its been hicup free aside from one bad magazine that would cause failures to feed.

I've been very impressed with mine, including accuracy out to 15 yards it is combat accurate (ie minute of pie pan).

With a Bianchi or Desantis pocket holster the P3AT disappears and is so light and compact you'll never think about leaving it at home because it's uncomfortable.

5. RockoutwithmyGlockout

RockoutwithmyGlockout New Member

I own a LCP, it's an awesome pocket gun, the laser is a must... Sights on it are less than sufficient. I consider it a "bad breath gun..." Not meant for distance. It's what I normally carry while at work, not supposed to but do.. Just sayin. Shady area...

6. Deuce

Deuce Because 2 Are Better Then 1

I do the same w/ mine.

7. RockoutwithmyGlockout

RockoutwithmyGlockout New Member

Glad to know I'm not alone.. ;)
    Hope I never have to use it, but that darn employee manual just isn't thick enough to stop a round in my opinion. :D

8. casey97

casey97 New Member

I own an LCP and really like it. I also like the S&W Bodyguard. The Bodyguard has much better sights, a better grip, and it locks back after the last shot. Other considerations are the Bodyguard has a safety to get in the way and if both guns have a laser then the manual sights mean a whole lot less. I am willing to suggest both the LCP and the Bodyguard.

9. Argyle64

Argyle64 New Member

Keltec P3AT. I've owned 3 and loved 'em all.

10. xxlrg

xxlrg New Member

Ive had really good luck with my LCP but Im the opposite to most people. I like mine plain with no laser or magazine extensions. I want her as small and light as possible. The desantis pocket holster does a great job of covering the trigger, keeping it oriented muzzle down, and stays in the pocket when I draw the pistol. I dont have experience with any others but the little Ruger has been everything but disappointing. I sure had my reservations about it when I bought it but I am very happy with the $290 bucks I spent!

11. bhale187

bhale187 New Member Supporter

I'm with ya on this. It's a mouse gun that everyone expects to NOT be an accurate shooter at ANY distance. Why would you want a laser to aim at point blank to 7 yards? At those distance pointing the pistol at your target should be getting combat accurate hits at the distances the mouse guns are intended to be used for.

12. TampaBaySean

TampaBaySean New Member

I use the bodyguard 380 and / or the s$w 642 air weight 38 special myself . They both are easy to conceal .

13. Kmurray96

Kmurray96 Well-Known Member Supporter

My LCP is completely concealed in it's pocket holster wearing my Wranglers. Qualified with it OD and out-shot most of the other guys. (Of course, I out-shot all of them with my G36:p).

Only thing I added to the gun was neon pink nail polish to the front site.

Furthermore, Glocks and Rugers are the toughest built guns in the world.

And lastly, the LCP is probably the cheapest .380 of quality you're going to find.

14. Argyle64

Argyle64 New Member

I'm impressed. I was able to hit steel at 55 yards with my Keltec P3AT but that was after missing the first shot and making my adjustments. Those sights are almost non-existent.

15. casey97

casey97 New Member

Everyone probably knows this and I am the only moron who didn't but I will share anyway. P3AT is called that because 3AT sounds like 380 (three eighty). Just sharing.

16. TampaBaySean

TampaBaySean New Member

Learn something new every day lol... I dint know that

17. KeenansGarage

KeenansGarage Hiding in plain sight....

Stay away from Diamondback. They stink.

I vote for a Walther PPK/S, a LCP for sure, and maybe the S&W Bodyguard (I could care less about the laser though).

18. if price is not a problem check out the sig 238, light,night sights,can be carried cocked and locked,shoots like a fullsize gun,reliability. And oh yeah its a sig and thier cool.

Attached Files:

19. Lucian_253

Lucian_253 Well-Known Member Supporter

I like the Sig P238. Two of my friends own them and if I didn't already have a Kahr Pm9 I would buy one. Out of the three you listed, I would choose the LCP. The Smith & Wesson is ok, but I hate the placement of the laser button. The P3AT and LCP are very close, but I would put my
    money on Ruger.

20. wnctroutbum

wnctroutbum New Member

My Dad and I both carry a LCP and love them. He has a crimson trace laser on his but I really don't care for them myself. I actually used mine to qualify for my CCW permit last year.