Glock Firearms banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I was doing some research about what kind of sights should I get, and finally I decided on the XS sights Big Dot, and principally I made my choice because these sights are made for acquiring target in fast time and there are super accurate for self defense shooting (as I told you I´m a police officer here in Chile), and I was thinking that the average distance in a self defense situation goes around 10-20 meters (11-22 yards), besides XS sights are made of Trijicon Tritium so I guess it´s a good quality.

I know there´s some complaints about these sights for long distance shooting, but I was reading that if you wanna shoot from 25 meters or more (27,34 yards+), you have to aim a little lower on the target in order to reach the center of it, so I´d like to have some thoughts about my decision...

Talking about sights I´m kinda confused because the XS sights comes with a sight pusher-loctite-front and rear sight-instructions, but I don´t know if this sight pusher works fine and I don´t want to mess a 100usd sight, the other option is to buy a GLOCK sight tool (Glockmeister have one a 100usd) but I consider this is too expensive, do you know any other option to change sights?

In my country, specially where I´m living I won´t find an gunsmith and in my job we have no armorer because we have the Taurus PT17 on duty and there are not adjustable sights...

any advice?

·
Banned
1,214 Posts
The plastic punch they give you will work to remove and install the rear sight. It's not as easy as using a Glock sight tool but it will work.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Argyle_Armoring said:
The plastic punch they give you will work to remove and install the rear sight. It's not as easy as using a Glock sight tool but it will work.
But I'll have to use a hammer right?

·
Banned
1,214 Posts
Yeah but use a light hammer on the large/back end of the punch. Put the slide in a vice with rubber pads and it's a piece of cake.

·
1,310 Posts
I had TRU-GLO TFO's on all my pistols but heard a lot about the XS Big Dots so I put a set on my G23. I love them!

The folks who say they are not good for long range...I'm not sure what the issue is. The front sight is bigger than standard sights, thus the name. If you were trying to shoot a baseball past 25-30 meters, the sight might cover it up, but so what?

If this is for a defensive/service pistol, they work fine. I shoot 8 inch steel plates out to 30 yards quite well with mine. I have shot human size silhouette targets out to 50 meters with good results. I have no complaints.

·
Load Bearing Wall
4,095 Posts
Here's a link to the XS website, and a link on how to install their sights on a Glock. The vid is pretty good, but they skip the step where you actually take the lockdown screws out of the sights already mounted on the gun.

According to the vid, you'll probably have to fit the rear sight by removing some material from the bottom of the new XS sight. They use a file in the vid, but you could also use a coarse honing stone if you don't have a file.. They don't want you to drive these things in real tight, and according to their directions you should fit them so that you can push them in by hand most of the way, then just lightly tap them in to center. They are using locktite as a caulk around them to fix them in place. Evidently the rear sight dovetail channel in Glocks is cut to a hourglass shape. And the XS rear sight uses one Tritium tube centered in the narrowest part of the Glock sight channel, so fitting them too tight will risk breaking the tritium gas tube.

Just follow the vid, take it slow, and do several trial fits to snug them up. I'm sure you'll get them on just fine. They look like nice sights, enjoy.

Website Link:http://www.xssights.com/

XS installation for Glocks Vid.:[ame]http://youtu.be/fDeu498DrNc[/ame]

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks for the tips guys, I decided on not to buy the expensive GLOCK sight tool and do it on my own, with the help of a light/plastic hammer, now I need help to find these accessories (in mirrored chrome for my G17 Gen 3rd) Slide lock - Trigger pin - locking block and the extended slide stop, the one of the pic is the satin chrome finish.

I saw this G19 Gen4 picture on the forum and just loved the way it looks

Also I´m looking for this rear plate (the one with the cross), so anyone can help me?

Attachments

·
Load Bearing Wall
4,095 Posts
You might try http://www.rockyourglock.com/parts/ChromeSCPS.htm, I think they sell the same cover you put in the pic. And they sell chrome pin kits too. The website says they ship outside the U.S. as long as the order is under $200.00. I have no idea why that is. I'd give them a call, or Email to make sure everythings in stock, & the do ship to where your at.

·
GrassHopper
8,204 Posts
@ SW, Insurnce and Customs fees…

@ Pietroveneno, Can't help you with the chrome pins and slide cover, but I can help you on the XS sights.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
@ SW, Insurnce and Customs fees…

@ Pietroveneno, Can't help you with the chrome pins and slide cover, but I can help you on the XS sights.
I could buy you the XS sights, but it´s no good deal for me to buy accessories on 2 different sites, because of the shipping costs, Is it too much to ask for, if I buy the chrome pin kit and the rear slide cover, give your address for the shipping and then you send the whole package to me as we do the first time? consider that I only need the sights, the chrome pin kit and a rear slide cover, maybe I could buy you a Magpul T-shirt if you agree....

What do you say?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hey guys, let me tell you that today I spent some bucks on glockstore.com, finally I bought the XS sights and also a falcon grips, a punisher cover plate, chrome pin kit, chrome extended mag release, a glock front sight tool/punch, and the sight master pusher tool, I found these tool at 60usd and thought it was a reasonable price.

I selected another shipping method which is that the products will be shipped on my suite on Miami FL, and then a Chilean agency takes care of my goods and send it to my address, the fees they charge I have to pay them once arrived, pretty good right?

Now I'll have to wait, probably this products arrives before the products I bought from blackwolffweapons, I'll keep you posted...

Rectangle Font Parallel Screenshot Electronic device

Attachments

·
Banned
1,000 Posts
She's a beauty Pietro!! Very nice work on the Glock!!!

·
Banned
1,000 Posts
Looks great pietro! Congrats.

·
Load Bearing Wall
4,095 Posts
That came out very nice. Your going to have lots of gun envy with that Glock.

·
Load Bearing Wall
4,095 Posts
I agree, I waited so long to finally see my precious like that......
Yes, it's been awhile, kinda was wondering if you got posted up in the mountains or something. Glad you got it done, and it came out so good.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts