Glock Firearms banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
255 Posts
I try to get out to my gun club with my EDC and train with it twice a month and work on combat accuracy. I drill with laser only from the hip, from concealment, then just working on getting the front post back on target, then with iron sights from further out, etc. In this video I have a number of distances I'm shooting from, at different size targets, even some steel plates.

How do you train with your EDC?

What kind of "combat accuracy" is "good enough" in your opinion?

Would love to hear your thoughts on this and get your opinions.

·
Premium Member
4,108 Posts
minute of pie pan is combat accuracy at any distance IMO.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
minute of pie pan is combat accuracy at any distance IMO.
Absolutely Minute of Paper Plate is Fine for "Combat Accuracy". You asked so I will diagnose what you were doing when you were missing. Early on you were bucking into it slightly (Left and slightly down) and you weren't missing the target just the bullseye. If you watch the laser you will see it. In the end you were doing what I do Way too often after I have been Shooting for a while. You get lazy and start pulling them off to the High right. I do that way more than I like to admit. When I catch myself doing that it means I am tired or bored so I shoot 10 rounds slow, deliberate and as accurate as I can and call it quits! BTW Good Video!

·
289 Posts
Only recommendation I would give is to watch your trigger work...seems like you are pulling low and left which suggests too much "yank" on the trigger with each pull. Try the dry fire practice with the laser to keep the laser smooth and steady during the fire sequence and you should see more improvement on the target at the range. Also see about practicing releasing the trigger only to the point of reset...do it slowly until you recognize it on instinct...your trigger pull will shorten and be much smoother...just my $.02
Thanks for taking one for the team so we can all talk about technique and how to tweak what we are doing...we all recognize our own struggles in your video so thanks for the video.

·
Glockn Rollin
2,656 Posts
I shoot at 6" steel plates when I train. If I can hit those with every shot then that is combat accurate to me. 6" is a chest cavity sized area. You don't really have time for pinpoint accuracy, you just aim at the middle of the perps body, that way if you do pull a shot, it will still more than likely hit them.

·
Banned
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the great advice, guys. Appreciate it.

·
Premium Member
4,108 Posts
That's a paper plate, not a pie plate.

MOAPP

: )
We always called it MOPP because we used aluminum foil pie pans as targets.

·
Banned
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'm even cheaper than you are, I buy the absolutely cheapest paper plates I can find and buy a huge roll of red dot stickers from Amazon.

:)

·
367 Posts
I'm no sharp-shooter and since the only reason I own a sidearm is self defense combat accuracy is all I'm after. I think you got it right!

·
Administrator
133,380 Posts
Thanks for the video I live to see those a few things you could work on would be grip. It you watch the laser you seen to be shaking a bit which is why you were pulling some of the shots. The biggest problem I saw was the trigger control if you could make it smoother your shot group would improve. Also if you have one try shooting a full size model of the same cal then shoot your compact you will find that you will do better with the full size. If there is any errors with the basic fundamentals it will be more drastic with the baby glock than the full size. I had some of these issues when I first got my g26 but with practice and focus things have improved.

·
Banned
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks, appreciate your advice.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts