1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Glockin’ since 1993
41,608 Posts
Sounds like it wouldn’t hold up to Congressional scrutiny if challenged. Should violate Federal and State law.

·
Premium Member
13,754 Posts
when did congress start scrutinizing local laws?

Home

Searches and seizures inside a home without a warrant are presumptively unreasonable.
Payton v. New York, 445 U.S. 573 (1980).

However, there are some exceptions. A warrantless search may be lawful:

If an officer is given consent to search; Davis v. United States, 328 U.S. 582 (1946)
If the search is incident to a lawful arrest; United States v. Robinson, 414 U.S. 218 (1973)
If there is probable cause to search and exigent circumstances; Payton v. New York, 445 U.S. 573 (1980)
If the items are in plain view; Maryland v. Macon, 472 U.S. 463 (1985).

·
Registered
74 Posts
A friend of mine lives just south of the Saguache county line in Del Norte. He's considering moving to a different state.
I wrote to the Colorado governor and suggested that they change the state's name to Nuevo California.
Ride Safe. Dr.Tramp.................

·
Registered
74 Posts
Follow up news reports state that a large portion of the county's population, which isn't a big number of people though very independent minded, gathered at the county office and made it quite clear that they were displeased with the administrators and their decision and were quite willing to enforce their own opinion if the administrators declined to change their decision; which they promptly did.
Ride Safe. Dr.Tramp..................

·
Registered
69 Posts
What area of Colorado is this? While beautiful much of Colorado is a hole politically. Denver is a prime example. Also, there is something with the waco problem out there. Lots of crazy things happen there. Kind of like Florida. Must be something in the water.

·
Registered
74 Posts
This is the San Luis Valley area of south central Colorado. One of my favorite parts of the state.
Nearby is Wolf Creek Pass and the Great Sand Dune National Park and Reserve and north of there is South Park where the mountain men used to hold their rendezvous.
I moved to Colorado in 71 after I got out of the Corps but over the years the state definitely changed for the worse, which is why I'm now in Wyoming. :)
Ride Safe. Dr.Tramp.................

1 - 10 of 10 Posts