Glock Firearms banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
simple question...

I have a friend of mine thats thinking of getting a G23 as his first hand gun and mentioned he wants to get one in OD green. I got to thinking and noticed that Glocks web site doesn't list any info about color options. I know they used to offer them, did they stop?

Also at the same time I noticed they no longer have any mention of the compensated "c" models on the site. Are they still offered?

thanks, Caine
 

·
Lead Farmer
Joined
·
2,882 Posts
cainnibl said:
simple question...

I have a friend of mine thats thinking of getting a G23 as his first hand gun and mentioned he wants to get one in OD green. I got to thinking and noticed that Glocks web site doesn't list any info about color options. I know they used to offer them, did they stop?

Also at the same time I noticed they no longer have any mention of the compensated "c" models on the site. Are they still offered?

thanks, Caine
OD green frames and C models have been discontinued. You can alwys get ur slide or barrel custom ported and as for the OD you can duracoat your gun or buy an OD use if you can find one.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
cool... I'll pass the info onto my friend. I'm not so interested in porting, it was just an observation. Thanks for the answers!
 

·
Hiding in plain sight....
Joined
·
18,120 Posts
iGlock is right. They do not make them anymore. Magpul FDE duracoat is about the same color as the OD green. Get someone to Duracoat the frame and you have it! You can still fin OD framed Glocks for sale, but they will be used and you may have to pay a premium to be abl to get it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
good to know. When my friend is ready to do this I'll recomend he look into having you spray the gun. Knowing him he'd prob LOVE something along the lines of the examples in your "New Duracoat" thread.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
4,604 Posts
You can still find new C models in shops. Two of my local shops I know for sure have several C models, then of course there's always used.

Factory OD ones generally piss me off because people think they are holding a brick of gold and thus price them to you like they are.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
2,947 Posts
cainnibl said:
good to know. When my friend is ready to do this I'll recomend he look into having you spray the gun. Knowing him he'd prob LOVE something along the lines of the examples in your "New Duracoat" thread.
Yea custom wrk grabs attention for sure
 

·
Lead Farmer
Joined
·
2,882 Posts
nukinfuts29 said:
Not sure what the od used slides cost, but i can spray a slide for $25
How exaxtly do you spray the slide? Do you jst buy a certain can of paint? I been wanting to do my own custom color of my glock but im goin to practice on a dummy gun first...
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
2,947 Posts
iGlock said:
How exaxtly do you spray the slide? Do you jst buy a certain can of paint? I been wanting to do my own custom color of my glock but im goin to practice on a dummy gun first...
You spray the duracoat through a gun. The key is t have a nice gun (I do) and fine tune the pressure. I have rolled it on in the past against duracoats advice and thout it looked better, but last week i sprayed with the new gun and holy cow what a difference. Cant wait to do on for someone here.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,108 Posts
You spray the duracoat through a gun. The key is t have a nice gun (I do) and fine tune the pressure. I have rolled it on in the past against duracoats advice and thout it looked better, but last week i sprayed with the new gun and holy cow what a difference. Cant wait to do on for someone here.
How does duracoat on a slide hold up to cleaners and brushing? Can you use carb or brake cleaner on it? Does it hold up to brass brushing?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,787 Posts
big difference in painting a gun or a car with a broom versus a spraygun !
Welcome to the forum.

This is a Zombie thread.

Last post was over a year ago.

Last post made by a guy who ended up scamming a ton of forum members out of money and material touting his "spraying" services.

D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
224 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

This is a Zombie thread.

Last post was over a year ago.

Last post made by a guy who ended up scamming a ton of forum members out of money and material touting his "spraying" services.

D
Really? Did he get caught? What a douche. Is thia not the same nukinfuts that a few others are talking about in another thread?
 
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Top