Glock Firearms banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After reminding the Finance Committee (wife) that my birthday is in 3 weeks, I almost had her authorization to buy a new G17.

Academy Sports had a Gen3 for $525.

I thought about the GSSF option, which was $425 + $60 membership dues + $30-$50 FFL fee = $515-$535. So $525 isn't so bad.

I got her to handle it and understand why I want it, she almost caved!

I'm sad, but I don't really need one right now, but I'll get one by this summer: a few gun shows coming up and I'm looking to attend the Dec 1st GSSF shoot in San Antonio. So I suppose I'm in no hurry.

However, my trigger finger isn't happy with me right now.

With luck, perhaps I can find a G17 RTF2 at one of the shows.

·
Registered
232 Posts
I would still go the GSSF route. You'll get a second certificate for your second year. Also, check around at your Blue Label dealers. I've purchased 4 guns, 2 19's, a 23, and a 30 - all Gen4's, with the GSSF certificate and all were at the GSSF price out the door. However, that was in Delaware.

·
Proponet of High Velocity
910 Posts
Happy birthday any way. You can always convince her later.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Happy Birthday man I hope it is a good one. Are you looking for new or used?

·
Registered
2,859 Posts
After reminding the Finance Committee (wife) that my birthday is in 3 weeks, I almost had her authorization to buy a new G17.

Academy Sports had a Gen3 for $525.

I thought about the GSSF option, which was $425 + $60 membership dues + $30-$50 FFL fee = $515-$535. So $525 isn't so bad.

I got her to handle it and understand why I want it, she almost caved!

I'm sad, but I don't really need one right now, but I'll get one by this summer: a few gun shows coming up and I'm looking to attend the Dec 1st GSSF shoot in San Antonio. So I suppose I'm in no hurry.

However, my trigger finger isn't happy with me right now.

With luck, perhaps I can find a G17 RTF2 at one of the shows.
Do you qualify to purchase a Blue Label Glock?

https://us.glock.com/bluelabel

1 - 8 of 8 Posts