Clipdraw ?

Discussion in 'Glock Accessories & Gear' started by glock_dude, Feb 28, 2012.

1. Does/has anyone used a Clipdraw and what are your thought on it?

I just got one from Midway for my G27 to try out.

2. sigpi11

sigpi11 New Member

I use one on Kel-Tec PT11. I like it because of how small the KT is I can clip on without a holster and it is highly concealed. Probably not the fastest draw but works well. Thinking about ordering one for my G22.

3. Happysniper1

Happysniper1 New Member

Don't have one, but I looked at it at one time. Would probably go well with the MIC holster, too.

That way, you have the ultimate minimalist holster and still be able to protect the trigger guard.

4. jonm61

jonm61 New Member

You do not want to put a Glock, with a round chambered, in your pants with the trigger guard uncovered. So, either don't have a round in the chamber or, as Happysniper mentioned, get a MIC holster first. Personally, even with a MIC holster, you couldn't pay me to carry that way.

5. As fas as minimalist goes to the new not yet released Raven Concealment Vanguard 2 will probably be the winning ticket.......

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

There's some decent reviews on You Tube from people that were lucky enough to get one at SHOT.
    http://www.youtube.com/results?sear...79592l0l1284057l17l17l0l8l8l0l160l979l5.4l9l0

6. Happysniper1

Happysniper1 New Member

@MikeP:
    Two-handed reholster? Have you "played" with it extensively? Looks like if at a sharp angle the exposed piece (belt loop top part) could conceivably get into the trigger guard during a reholster. Not a bad idea, though, especially if you could stage the cant. More info please?

7. Watch this chics review of it. She does a good review. Skip straight to the 4:36 mark where she starts talking about it. She demos reholstering. The technique she figured out is pretty dang smooth.......

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nrAqs4MGBjI[/ame]

8. I carried all day long yesterday with just the installed clipdraw and a saf-t-blok behind the trigger with one in the chamber without any issues, problems or worries. I honestly don't it would ever be an issue as long as you keep your finger off the trigger until your ready to pull it.
    But i did order a MIC holster last night.

9. Glad it worked out for you. I've just never been a fan of it.:cool:

10. Won't the clip draw mar the finish on the side of the gun?

I have no experience with em but I am looking for an everyday, off duty, carry solution for my G27. The clip draw seems like its a good idea.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2012
  11. oakdale0230

oakdale0230 New Member

Glock clipdraw

Just thought I'd share this info if y'all haven't seen these. I installed mine last night in 5 min and I love it. Gun now has a holster on it at all times!

1stnamebassist likes this.
  12. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Sponsor Lifetime Supporting Member

Welcome to the Glock Forum oakdale0230 !!

Works good huh ?!

13. oakdale0230

oakdale0230 New Member

Thx. Yeah it works great. Great way to conceal it. I put it on my gen4 19 and never have to worry about it sliding down my pants.

14. oakdale0230

oakdale0230 New Member

My profile pic shows how it fits. Might file it down a little just to make sure the shells eject wo hitting it

15. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Sponsor Lifetime Supporting Member

I don't have a clip draw on my Glock, but did buy a similiar

item for my Kel Tec PF-9...they do the job.

16. iamthedood

iamthedood The dude: "This aggression will not stand, man."

I used to carry my 1st gen g21 that way. It's a sturdy clip that's bent in such a way that it doesn't affect the finish. It was too big to be comfortable & since the trigger wasn't covered I didn't carry w/ one in the pipe. ( That's what my kydex one was for )

17. oakdale0230

oakdale0230 New Member

Yeah I'll get to see how much I like it over the next couple weeks. It's still a little hard to conceal because of the size but we'll see. It's times like these I really miss my 26. Wish I'd have never sold it

18. Glockin27gen4

Glockin27gen4 New Member

I love my clipdraw on my 27, also have a safety trigger so I can carry with one in the chamber and I have no worries

19. oakdale0230

oakdale0230 New Member

Do you use a safe-t-blok or something else?