Glock Forum banner

clip draw or jentra?

6K views 18 replies 7 participants last post by  Tys 4x4 
#1 ·
My gut tells me the clip draw. Seeing as how I have it on my PF9 and it works great. But I don't like the design as much for Glocks. How it attaches to the rear of the slide.

Anybody tried the jentra? Work well?

And I have mic holsters for both guns, so the trigger is protected. I just like carrying without the added width of a holster.

#4 ·
Neither! Carrying a gun, especially one without a manual safety, in a way that leaves the trigger guard uncovered is inherently unsafe. If you want to carry IWB on the cheap, get a cheap Uncle Mike's holster. At least it will protect you.

There are any number of things that can go wrong with a Clipdraw or Jentra on a Glock. They are a negligent discharge that doesn't know it's happened yet. Absolutely, positively unsafe.

#7 ·
Neither! Carrying a gun, especially one without a manual safety, in a way that leaves the trigger guard uncovered is inherently unsafe. If you want to carry IWB on the cheap, get a cheap Uncle Mike's holster. At least it will protect you.

There are any number of things that can go wrong with a Clipdraw or Jentra on a Glock. They are a negligent discharge that doesn't know it's happened yet. Absolutely, positively unsafe.
This. It's safe until it's not.

#8 ·
Being carrying mine with a clip draw for quite awhile now. Its safe for me. Then again thats just me.
I mean no offense, but that's kind of like saying I haven't worn a seatbelt in years and it's safe for me because I've never had an accident. No matter how careful you have been, it takes only one slip, where a t-shirt gets caught in the trigger guard, or any number of other things that's never happened before happens, for you to have a hole in your leg.

These clips are, barely, a step above just shoving it your waistband.

#9 ·
"Death doesn't apply to me. I've been here 42 years and I'm still alive, so obviously I can't die."

"It's safe for me because it hasn't discharged yet."

/shrug

#13 ·

did you miss the part about having a MIC holster? The trigger is protected.

#18 · (Edited)
did you miss the part about having a MIC holster? The trigger is protected.
Nope, but you aren't the only one who does/might carry with one of these, others might not be smart enough to use a MIC holster, and safety when carrying cannot be overemphasized, especially for someone who may come along 6 months from now and read this thread, having no idea what a MIC holster is. Most people I have encountered who ask/use one of these clips do so with the triggerguard uncovered.

Besides which, the MIC holster is not particularly impressive to me. It may serve the purpose in certain circumstances, but I wouldn't trust my life and health to it by shoving it in my pants. YMMV

The other thing to consider is that there are some states that have...interesting...laws about how a gun must be carried, including specifying what constitutes a holster.

Unless it was repealed in the last round of changes to our gun laws, GA is one of those...it's legal to shove a gun in your waistband, but if you put it in your pocket, it has to be in a holster. :confused:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.