clip draw...no holster needed!

Discussion in 'Holsters and Cases' started by bryan, Jun 21, 2012.

1. bryan

bryan New Member

ForumRunner_20120621_213119.jpg

ForumRunner_20120621_213119.jpg
    any body else using clip draw?

Last edited: Jun 21, 2012
  2. david1962hd

david1962hd Premium Member

Yep, I use mine from time to time along with the M.I.C. holster. Pretty cool.

3. rickjames

rickjames Hard Work! Dedication! Supporter

Whats the wording say?

4. bryan

bryan New Member

warning not for use with gun in the ready to fire condition

5. Dan75719

Dan75719 New Member

Do those clips hold up good? I have thought about getting one but it doesn't look like it would be that sturdy.

6. rickjames

rickjames Hard Work! Dedication! Supporter

Not for me then. Haha.
    Do you carry in condition 1?

7. iGlock

iGlock Lead Farmer

I am, on my g30.

Attached Files:

8. bryan

bryan New Member

i always carry it ready to fire! and they are very rigid and has held up great

9. bryan

bryan New Member

did you buy it polished or did you do it?

10. TheKraken

TheKraken Surviving Covid-19 Staff Member Moderator Lifetime Supporting Member

I is the clip draw everyday on my EDC G36. I love it!
    I have had it bout a yer and it is still holding up strong.

11. survivor

survivor New Member

I carried in clipdraw for years. But I was not carrying with a round in the chamber.
    I don't think it is safe to carry like that with a clipdraw. The trigger is exposed, and could easily be squeezed by some clothing or something.

I Kat removed mine a while back and now I carry with a MIC or other internal.

12. xxlrg

xxlrg New Member

Clipdraw is pretty neat but dont think it was intended for use in condition 1.

13. david1962hd

I wouldn't carry condition 1 with just the clipdraw alone for safety reasons (mine) however with the clipdraw and the M.I.C. I have no problem carrying condition 1.

14. bhale187

bhale187 New Member Supporter

Without a MIC I would not use one, but with a MIC they are a pretty good option IMO

15. 10mil

10mil Is That a .40....nope its a 10MM!

GA
    so i was actually looking at these the other day and it says on clipdraw.com not to carry in condition 1 if your not.law enforcement...but then underneath it says to use saf-t blok for condition one anyone use it says it adds no time to your draw are fire i was wondering if anyone has used?

16. bryan

bryan New Member

heres a stupid question what is condition 1 mean? and is it legal to use it has a holster?

17. david1962hd

Condition 1 means 1 round chambered and a full magazine. The clipdraw is used inside the waist band to hold you weapon in place without the need for a per say "leather holster or similar". Oh yea, as long as you have a CCW I would say yes its legal.

18. ROYALE-W-CHEESE

ROYALE-W-CHEESE New Member

"Condition 1" means a round is chambered. The firearm is ready to fire -- just squeeze.

WRT to the clip-draw, C1 is potentially dangerous because there's nothing protecting the trigger and thus nothing preventing something or someone from accidentally engaging the trigger while "holstered."

Is it legal to use? Yes. Is it a holster? No. Is it a legal holster for competition use? Definitely not.

19. Glock-Siggy

Glock-Siggy New Member Lifetime Supporting Member

I use one on my LC9...condition 1.....fits great in small of back. For me the safety is stiff enough to prevent any problems. As far as the clip attachment, its very solid.

20. iGlock

iGlock Lead Farmer

I polished it myself along with the barrel. I also always carry condition 1, with the MIC holster of course.