Glock Firearms banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
287 Posts
Just a general pistol cleaning kit from Wal-Mart does the same as any other more expensive kit from the high dollar places.
Just my opinion.

·
Banned
1,000 Posts
Just a general pistol cleaning kit from Wal-Mart does the same as any other more expensive kit from the high dollar places.
Just my opinion.
Totally agree! I use the Winchester kit and some CLP.. and Remoil. or a synthetic oil I found.

·
Registered
324 Posts
I use the Hoppe's cleaning kit. I replaced the cleaner that comes in the kit though with the Hoppe's Elite gun cleaner spray I found at Walmart. I couldn't stand the smell of the liquid. The spray is pretty good.

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
kodiak said:
Check Ballistol website for dealers in your area. You might be surprised and find something local.
If you do the above and find a "dealer" nearby, call them first to see if they have it. I checked the Ballistol website, found a dealer in my area, and called to check their stock. This "dealer" had never even heard of Ballistol! Not sure how that happened.

·
67 Posts
Just my opinion.
I agree! No need to be fancy. But I would add a Boresnake to the kit.

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
Yup I run it through totally dry. If the bore is really dirty, say after 300+ rounds you may way to run a patch with cleaner on it, but the bore snake saves a lot of time. And I feel it save me money on patches too. When it gets dirty I just throw it in the washing machine.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts