Glock Firearms banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,787 Posts
Brasso, Walnut shell (bird bedding), and a bit of Brasso in a mini-tumbler.

Two different camps on this one. Depends on how you're taught I guess. Lots of people do it for pistol ammo and have no issues. Others mess up their reloading equip if they don't clean. I was taught to always clean. I'm OCD like that, though.

D

·
Premium Member
285 Posts
I mix up some Lemi-Shine with warm water and a drop of dish detergent. Swish around, rinse then
Spread on a towel and let dry. After its dry, i tumble with corncob media with a few dollops od Nu-Finish car polish for about 3hrs. Brass comes out like new.

·
Banned
1,810 Posts
Case Tumbler with Corn Cob media. Couple hours and they look like new. Also had some Cabella's Case Polish(probably the same stuff as Brasso) that I put into the media, helps to make em' really shine.
It's nice loading clean, shinny brass, when you're done it actually looks like new ammo.:D

·
Registered
220 Posts
I've switched to Stainless Steel Media. It requires you to wet tumble your brass in water and detergent, but your brass will come out like new. This was some .223 range pickup brass I cleaned with this method. This stuff was filthy, with some of it almost completely black in color. You can see how it cleaned the inside, as well as the outside to like new condition. It even cleaned the burr on the flash hole!

·
Premium Member
8,787 Posts
I've switched to Stainless Steel Media. It requires you to wet tumble your brass in water and detergent, but your brass will come out like new. This was some .223 range pickup brass I cleaned with this method. This stuff was filthy, with some of it almost completely black in color. You can see how it cleaned the inside, as well as the outside to like new condition. It even cleaned the burr on the flash hole!
Is this run in a "tumbler" or can it be run in a "Shaker"?

D

·
Registered
220 Posts
Is this run in a "tumbler" or can it be run in a "Shaker"? D
It has to be run in a wet type tumbler like the Thumler's Tumbler. A vibratory type tumbler will not agitate it sufficiently. Here is a video on it.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdvq3Kc_Vm0[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-6SOiWE8Hc[/ame]

·
Premium Member
8,787 Posts
It has to be run in a wet type tumbler like the Thumler's Tumbler. A vibratory type tumbler will not agitate it sufficiently. Here is a video on it.

Bah! I only have a shaker. I don't reload. I just do it to clean the brass before i give it to my reloader.

Thanks for the info.

D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts