cleaner

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by pharoah, Feb 12, 2012.

1. pharoah

pharoah New Member

Any particular gun oil or cleaner better than others to clean my glock with? I bought some of the rem oil in the aerosol can..

2. Birddogyz

Birddogyz Regular Guy

I use CLP, used Hoppes for years until I tried CLP.

3. BLCKWLF

BLCKWLF GrassHopper

Anything works...

4. fls348

fls348 New Member

For cleaning I actually use rubbing alcohol, it works great and is super cheap compared to Hoppes or some of the others out there plus it leaves no residue at all.

For oiling I tend to use CLP, except where the connector and trigger bar rub against each other I use a dab of white lithium grease.

5. Happysniper1

Happysniper1 New Member

Heh. I use an ultrasonic cleaner. Really gets all the crud out!

Need to detail-strip first, though. Totally safe on poly frames (I have cleaned my poly framers many, many times). No more scrubbing the bore! WooHoo!

Only problem I ever had was with sights. Rear sight dots (both) came off on my SA XD-9, and one Tritium pellet shattered on my Beretta 92G.

I clean all my guns ultrasonically. They come out totally bone dry, and I need to pay attention to proper lubrication. But other than that, great results!

(*PS* I also clean my brass for reloading using my ultrasonic)

6. THEGLOCKBROTHERS

THEGLOCKBROTHERS New Member

Hey Happysniper, pay attention to the channel liner on your Glocks. We had a heated ultrasonic unit that cleaned fine but the cavitation caused the liner to dislodge (not a good thing) We went to the 2011 SHOT Show and now are the proud owner of Two Joffre Weapon cleaning systems that use pressure,steam. FYI

7. wallacefan

wallacefan New Member

balistol is all i use

8. Clp......do not use hoppes