Glock Firearms banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any particular gun oil or cleaner better than others to clean my glock with? I bought some of the rem oil in the aerosol can..

·
Banned
1,000 Posts
I use CLP, used Hoppes for years until I tried CLP.

·
Registered
277 Posts
For cleaning I actually use rubbing alcohol, it works great and is super cheap compared to Hoppes or some of the others out there plus it leaves no residue at all.

For oiling I tend to use CLP, except where the connector and trigger bar rub against each other I use a dab of white lithium grease.

·
Registered
13,460 Posts
Heh. I use an ultrasonic cleaner. Really gets all the crud out!

Need to detail-strip first, though. Totally safe on poly frames (I have cleaned my poly framers many, many times). No more scrubbing the bore! WooHoo!

Only problem I ever had was with sights. Rear sight dots (both) came off on my SA XD-9, and one Tritium pellet shattered on my Beretta 92G.

I clean all my guns ultrasonically. They come out totally bone dry, and I need to pay attention to proper lubrication. But other than that, great results!

(*PS* I also clean my brass for reloading using my ultrasonic)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hey Happysniper, pay attention to the channel liner on your Glocks. We had a heated ultrasonic unit that cleaned fine but the cavitation caused the liner to dislodge (not a good thing) We went to the 2011 SHOT Show and now are the proud owner of Two Joffre Weapon cleaning systems that use pressure,steam. FYI

1 - 8 of 8 Posts