Cleaned my glock/gun for the first time

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by glockmom13, May 15, 2012.

1. glockmom13

glockmom13 New Member

Tonight I cleaned my g27 for the first time. First time ever cleaning a gun. Of course with some help from my son GLOCKGUY13 and my husband LRAUSCH. Wasn't to hard at all. Can't wait to go get it dirty again.

2. glockguy13

glockguy13 New Member

Yayy mom!!! Saturday or Sunday sounds like a good time to hit the range again. You will be a expert in no time at all. Lol

3. glockguy13

glockguy13 New Member

And I forgot to tell you. You gotta get a pic up and show everyone the new gun.

4. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Sponsor Lifetime Supporting Member

Good Job Mom !!

And tell your hubby I'm sorry for calling him Ira...

Now I see it's >>> LRAusch ;)

5. GAgal

GAgal Well-Known Member

Way to go Mom! I love cleaning my gun almost as much as I love getting it dirty. I find it very relaxing - the cleaning part.

6. dslmac2

dslmac2 New Member

Nice work. Yes let's see pictures of it all clean an beautiful.

7. odgreen

odgreen Senior Member

Owning a Glock perpetuates a sense of Germanic discipline that only the Austrians can bring about in a creative sort like me. I feel like I want to have a Gepetto-like work bench and labour fervently to clean my G27 while Bach keeps the mood heavy. I love my Glock.

8. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Sponsor Lifetime Supporting Member

Wow...that was heavy !! ;)

9. david1962hd

david1962hd Premium Member

say what!!!??? Wow!!! :)

10. LOL! Dang, I guess I'm missing something here. I usually just grab a soda, put on a recorded episode of Duck Dynasty or Spirit of the Wild and knock out the cleaning chores.

11. SeventiesWreckers

SeventiesWreckers Load Bearing Wall

Good for you Glockmom13. Although there are some among us that prefer to exercise the prerogative to not clean their Glocks frequently, I just can't leave mine uncleaned. A carry over from My time in the Marine Corps I would imagine. It is kind of funny, but I really can't relax until strip it down & give it a going over. Then all is well again.

12. david1962hd

david1962hd Premium Member

I'm the same way, if I fire 5 rounds or 50 rounds mine gets stripped and cleaned. Its just good practice in my opinion.

13. lrausch

lrausch New Member

I want everyone to know that she did most of the work herself. I just made sure the gun was put back together properly and in good working order. I am so proud.

14. lrausch

lrausch New Member

I am not sure what you said, but I think I liked it. My family is of German Heritage. Right off the boat in the late 1800's.

15. american lockpicker

american lockpicker New Member

Sounds like you need a Walther P99 or HK USP. :) Or if you want to go god tier try something Swiss like Sphinx, Sig, or Brügger + Thomet. :D

16. scrubber3

scrubber3 New Member

It's funny how a Glock is made to be neglected yet we baby them so much. I am very guilty of it myself. I have an excuse though . In the Army we had to clean our weapons and shine our boots when we had down time....

17. GunnerGSP

GunnerGSP Active Member

I enjoy cleaning my Glock almost as much as getting it dirty.

I clean it when I get home from the range and I am so particular, it takes me way too long. Oh well...

Last edited: May 17, 2012
  18. lrausch

lrausch New Member

The good thing about cleaning my G22 is the Fail Zero coating. Just wipe it down and your done. Requires no lubrication. The only part I need to really clean is the barrel.

19. Congrats on cleaning her and your first time shooooting her.

Gotta love a 27.

20. odgreen

odgreen Senior Member

That's why Glocks are so universal. They appeal to everyone from every background on so many levels. You and I have very distinct and different ways of getting the same thing done but the common denominator is the Glock.