Glock Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tonight I cleaned my g27 for the first time. First time ever cleaning a gun. Of course with some help from my son GLOCKGUY13 and my husband LRAUSCH. Wasn't to hard at all. Can't wait to go get it dirty again.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Yayy mom!!! Saturday or Sunday sounds like a good time to hit the range again. You will be a expert in no time at all. Lol

·
Banned
14,133 Posts
Good Job Mom !!

And tell your hubby I'm sorry for calling him Ira...

Now I see it's >>> LRAusch ;)

·
Banned
1,000 Posts
Way to go Mom! I love cleaning my gun almost as much as I love getting it dirty. I find it very relaxing - the cleaning part.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Nice work. Yes let's see pictures of it all clean an beautiful.

·
152 Posts
Owning a Glock perpetuates a sense of Germanic discipline that only the Austrians can bring about in a creative sort like me. I feel like I want to have a Gepetto-like work bench and labour fervently to clean my G27 while Bach keeps the mood heavy. I love my Glock.

·
Premium Member
287 Posts
odgreen said:
owning a glock perpetuates a sense of germanic discipline that only the austrians can bring about in a creative sort like me. I feel like i want to have a gepetto-like work bench and labour fervently to clean my g27 while bach keeps the mood heavy. I love my glock.
say what!!!??? Wow!!! :)

·
1,310 Posts
odgreen said:
Owning a Glock perpetuates a sense of Germanic discipline that only the Austrians can bring about in a creative sort like me. I feel like I want to have a Gepetto-like work bench and labour fervently to clean my G27 while Bach keeps the mood heavy. I love my Glock.
LOL! Dang, I guess I'm missing something here. I usually just grab a soda, put on a recorded episode of Duck Dynasty or Spirit of the Wild and knock out the cleaning chores.

·
Load Bearing Wall
4,095 Posts
Good for you Glockmom13. Although there are some among us that prefer to exercise the prerogative to not clean their Glocks frequently, I just can't leave mine uncleaned. A carry over from My time in the Marine Corps I would imagine. It is kind of funny, but I really can't relax until strip it down & give it a going over. Then all is well again.

·
Premium Member
287 Posts
SeventiesWreckers said:
Good for you Glockmom13. Although there are some among us that prefer to exercise the prerogative to not clean their Glocks frequently, I just can't leave mine uncleaned. A carry over from My time in the Marine Corps I would imagine. It is kind of funny, but I really can't relax until strip it down & give it a going over. Then all is well again.
I'm the same way, if I fire 5 rounds or 50 rounds mine gets stripped and cleaned. Its just good practice in my opinion.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Tonight I cleaned my g27 for the first time. First time ever cleaning a gun. Of course with some help from my son GLOCKGUY13 and my husband LRAUSCH. Wasn't to hard at all. Can't wait to go get it dirty again.
I want everyone to know that she did most of the work herself. I just made sure the gun was put back together properly and in good working order. I am so proud.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I am not sure what you said, but I think I liked it. My family is of German Heritage. Right off the boat in the late 1800's.

342 Posts
Sounds like you need a Walther P99 or HK USP. :) Or if you want to go god tier try something Swiss like Sphinx, Sig, or Brügger + Thomet. :D

·
Banned
258 Posts
It's funny how a Glock is made to be neglected yet we baby them so much. I am very guilty of it myself. I have an excuse though . In the Army we had to clean our weapons and shine our boots when we had down time....

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
I enjoy cleaning my Glock almost as much as getting it dirty.

I clean it when I get home from the range and I am so particular, it takes me way too long. Oh well...

·
Registered
54 Posts
The good thing about cleaning my G22 is the Fail Zero coating. Just wipe it down and your done. Requires no lubrication. The only part I need to really clean is the barrel.

·
Banned
636 Posts
Congrats on cleaning her and your first time shooooting her.

Gotta love a 27.

·
152 Posts
buzznrose said:
LOL! Dang, I guess I'm missing something here. I usually just grab a soda, put on a recorded episode of Duck Dynasty or Spirit of the Wild and knock out the cleaning chores.
That's why Glocks are so universal. They appeal to everyone from every background on so many levels. You and I have very distinct and different ways of getting the same thing done but the common denominator is the Glock.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts