Glock Firearms banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone used MILTEC-1 to lubricate their Glock. The brochure sounds good, but I wonder if anyone has had experience with it.

·
If it goes boom or bang, I want to play with it!
1,000 Posts
captaincarl23 said:
Has anyone used MILTEC-1 to lubricate their Glock. The brochure sounds good, but I wonder if anyone has had experience with it.
Welcome to the forum Captaincarl! Someone will be along shortly to give you feedback on your question. In the mean time, stop in the introduction forum and tell us a little bit about yourself and what you have (…Pictures are nice too) and like to shoot.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I have used militec 1 lube and grease for years.

I really do like it, for lube it's that, eezox & moly oil
The grease is great also, I like this better than shooters choice. I really notice a difference vs lube when a dab is put on rails and contact areas.

It's a very slick product.
I usually coat much of everything at purchase, wipe excess off in a day or so. It seems to aid in not cleaning as excessively and keeps things running well.

Can't go wrong IMO and the company stands behind its product. I had an older batch in the clear bottle and after some time it got gunk in it, they swapped it for free and sent me other products. That's big for me, it's hard to find products that have real support anymore and hassle free even more rare.

Some like it, others hate it, its all personal opinion mostly. Running militec I've never had an issue.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Militec 1 is fine as well as several others. A mix of Mobil 1 and Marvel Mystery oil (9 to 1 ratio) works well also and lasts a long time. Frog lube is good and protects well for a CLP.

·
Load Bearing Wall
4,095 Posts
I have used Militec-1 for a couple of years. It seems to work best if you follow the directions & repeatedly apply, and bake it in. The instructions say "heat to operating temperatures", so about 15 minutes in a 150 degree oven works pretty good, and about three repeated treatments & bakings seem to achieve the desired results. After it's baked into the surface, all the residue can be cleaned off, and you can run the weapon "dry", but still lubed. It's designed for desert, or high dust exposure, where you don't want wet grease, or oil to attract dirt. Just make sure to wipe it all off, if you don't, all the excess will turn gummy. It's more like a metal treatment than a traditional oil.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts