Glock Firearms banner

41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #41 (Edited)
Hey Walter, just wanted to share a thought with you. I consulted in a school district where 1 principal referred to the building staff as her peeps. Almost everyone found that offensive (like she was the mother hen and staff her children). It was the only time I,personally, ever heard peeps used to in that manner. But to each their own said the old lady who kissed the cow.

To your question, I clean my pistols when I get back from the range which is kind of the same as cleaning before you go. I know you don’t have to clean that much, I do it because I enjoy it.
No man you’re my peeps as in you are my people. It is a term of endearment, like what you call family and friends.

·
Registered
637 Posts
In the case of Glock pistols. I can’t remember ever cleaning one before shooting it. Always clean after first range trip though.
about 3 weeks ago, my buddy who is really brand new to shooting, took home his Glock G19, Gen 3.

i told him to take it to my house, and i'll show him how to field strip, clean and lube, all before he goes to the range for the gun's first time.

man, you would have thought a cat was jammed inside that slide..the LOUD screeching when he pulled back that slide.

so he cleaned it, as i showed him how, and lubed it as i showed him, and no more LOUD screeching sounds.

my new (just picked it up yesterday), G21 went to the range for it's first time this morning, with that copper grease in the slide, that i mentioned in a previous post, and a few drops of Weapon Shield.

shot 100 rds of Federal aluminum 230 gr thru it, ran like a champ.

field striped it, cleaned it as i would all my guns, and weapon shield lubed.

i'd hate to think what "could "have happened to my buddies new G19, had we not cleaned and lubed it.

·
Premium Member
460 Posts
I watched several good videos of field stripping Glocks before I bought one. I bought a used (might as well say a new) Glock 23 first. I cleaned the small amount of copper grease off and lubricated it (as well as all my other Glocks,S&W,and new Ruger Security 9)with Zero Friction in a needle applicator. I have shot 1000's of rounds through several of my guns and have had nearly No issues. Even when I got both of my Police Trade In model 22's,they got the same treatment. I also use Ballistol on ALL of my guns..

·
Registered
4 Posts
I think they covered it well - always take it and field strip it check all the parts and pieces - clean it and take all the manufacturing oils off then lube and put all the rounds that you can afford thru it then clean and check it all again.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hello Peeps,

Just wanted to get some opinions on this one, how many of you clean your guns before you take them to the range for the first time? Personally, I never do but I am starting to think that maybe I should.
What do y’all think?
Bore snake twice, then look-see
Snap caps a few times
If no obvious problems, shoot it

41 - 46 of 46 Posts