Glock Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Administrator
2,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This was brought up in the Rubberband gun thread.

What toys are you making sure to pass along to your kids?

So far I have...

Rubber band guns
Big wheels
Cup and ball (patience, she's learning it.)

Aside form that she's getting the perks of a modern childhood, she uses the computer and whatnot.

Anything I'm missing?

What are you making sure your kid gets?

·
Hiding in plain sight....
18,120 Posts
Don't have kids yet....but I will make sure they get out in the dirt! Kids need to be kids!

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Most of the toys I grew up with, that haven't already been mentioned, have been banned because they're "too dangerous". If we survived throwing lawn darts straight up in the air, then they're clearly not "too dangerous"! :) If you get a lawn dart in the head, it's natural selection at work.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Most of the toys I grew up with, that haven't already been mentioned, have been banned because they're "too dangerous". If we survived throwing lawn darts straight up in the air, then they're clearly not "too dangerous"! :) If you get a lawn dart in the head, it's natural selection at work.
I remember that game. That was just before we got strong enough to throw horseshoes at each other. :D

·
Administrator
2,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
hula hoop, this one is as much for your entertainment as it is hers. :D
Got her one for Christmas, she demanded it.

Slinkey its even still made in America. :)
I have no stairs. I should get one anyways. I never had stairs growing up so when I got them they became "tangle me up like crazy metal toy".

Lego's and GI Joes.
Legos still rock.

GI Joe was awesome. Being a child of an unsupervised decade you could attach black cats for that all to real war feel.

I remember that game. That was just before we got strong enough to throw horseshoes at each other. :D
I had them. The only kid I know who lost his eye was in a rock fight... my side won.

·
Administrator
2,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Lincoln Logs.

Kind of boring as they only build cabins but I had a blast putting together the most awesome cabin ever last night.

·
Banned
1,000 Posts
Match box cars. We used to make whole towns out of dirt, rocks and sticks and "drive" around for hours.

·
Banned
4,604 Posts
the grand kid WILL have a Red Ryder BB gun as soon as he's old enough! it's already purchased and waiting on him.:D

EDIT: he actually has two waiting on him but one wont be for play. i got the 70th anniversary edition for his mother to put up.

·
is being censored
304 Posts
I remember ripping apart every G.I. Joe, star wars figurine, and matchbox car and now cringe when I realize my crazy grandma was 100% correct when she said you should leave them in the package they might be worth something. I will make sure my kids know what they were along with things like playing manhunt, throwing a baseball, and riding a bike.

·
Administrator
2,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
the grand kid WILL have a Red Ryder BB gun as soon as he's old enough! it's already purchased and waiting on him.:D

EDIT: he actually has two waiting on him but one wont be for play. i got the 70th anniversary edition for his mother to put up.
I have one still. Great to have around. Can't wait to pass it along to my kids.

·
Premium Member
4,337 Posts
It may not be exciting but I have a milk crate full of wooden blocks. My uncles played with them in the 50s and early 60s. I used to play with them in the 70s at my grandmothers house. Some of them where made to look like the block house of a fort. I would play with plastic cowboys and Indians for hours. My grandmother even took wooden thread spools and wrote things on them like "flour" or "TNT". To make them look like barrels. Hopefully my grand kids will play with one day. My kids are too old now.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts