Classic Toys

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Shooter, Jan 5, 2012.

1. Shooter

Shooter Administrator Staff Member

This was brought up in the Rubberband gun thread.

What toys are you making sure to pass along to your kids?

So far I have...

Rubber band guns
    Big wheels
    Cup and ball (patience, she's learning it.)

Aside form that she's getting the perks of a modern childhood, she uses the computer and whatnot.

Anything I'm missing?

What are you making sure your kid gets?

2. KeenansGarage

KeenansGarage Hiding in plain sight....

Don't have kids yet....but I will make sure they get out in the dirt! Kids need to be kids!

3. jfirecops

jfirecops New Member

hula hoop, this one is as much for your entertainment as it is hers. :D

4. american lockpicker

american lockpicker New Member

Slinkey its even still made in America. :)

5. jonm61

jonm61 New Member

Most of the toys I grew up with, that haven't already been mentioned, have been banned because they're "too dangerous". If we survived throwing lawn darts straight up in the air, then they're clearly not "too dangerous"! :) If you get a lawn dart in the head, it's natural selection at work.

6. TxShooter

TxShooter Administrator Staff Member

Lego's and GI Joes.

7. Chub19C

Chub19C Junior Member

Erector Set, hot wheels, cap guns...

8. jfirecops

jfirecops New Member

I remember that game. That was just before we got strong enough to throw horseshoes at each other. :D

9. Shooter

Got her one for Christmas, she demanded it.

I have no stairs. I should get one anyways. I never had stairs growing up so when I got them they became "tangle me up like crazy metal toy".

Legos still rock.

GI Joe was awesome. Being a child of an unsupervised decade you could attach black cats for that all to real war feel.

I had them. The only kid I know who lost his eye was in a rock fight... my side won.

10. Shooter

Lincoln Logs.

Kind of boring as they only build cabins but I had a blast putting together the most awesome cabin ever last night.

11. GAgal

GAgal Administrator

Match box cars. We used to make whole towns out of dirt, rocks and sticks and "drive" around for hours.

12. the grand kid WILL have a Red Ryder BB gun as soon as he's old enough! it's already purchased and waiting on him.:D

EDIT: he actually has two waiting on him but one wont be for play. i got the 70th anniversary edition for his mother to put up.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2012
  13. Angry_Dave

Angry_Dave is being censored

I remember ripping apart every G.I. Joe, star wars figurine, and matchbox car and now cringe when I realize my crazy grandma was 100% correct when she said you should leave them in the package they might be worth something. I will make sure my kids know what they were along with things like playing manhunt, throwing a baseball, and riding a bike.

14. Shooter

I have one still. Great to have around. Can't wait to pass it along to my kids.

15. djw

djw New Member

a 1911,just kidding

16. Shep482

Shep482 Well-Known Member Supporter

It may not be exciting but I have a milk crate full of wooden blocks. My uncles played with them in the 50s and early 60s. I used to play with them in the 70s at my grandmothers house. Some of them where made to look like the block house of a fort. I would play with plastic cowboys and Indians for hours. My grandmother even took wooden thread spools and wrote things on them like "flour" or "TNT". To make them look like barrels. Hopefully my grand kids will play with one day. My kids are too old now.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2013
  17. chuckds

chuckds Certified Glock Armorer

Anyone remember these?

image-149915456.jpg

18. Blaze

Blaze Active Member Supporter

image-570776091.jpg

G.I Joes was the greatest toy in my childhood, still have all if mine from when I was 5 on up...

Then the stomper was a close 2nd in best toys..

Last edited: Jan 7, 2013