"Chrome" 3 pin kit

Discussion in 'Gunsmithing' started by jrd5173, Jun 16, 2012.

1. jrd5173

jrd5173 New Member

I ordered a "chrome" 3 pin kit that included a slide lock, trigger pin, locking block pin and factory extended slide stop. Upon getting my order in the mail I discovered that it is a satin chrome finish (not a mirrored chrome). It stated that on the item page but i overlooked it when ordering. The pins look somewhat chrome-ish, however the extended slide stop is not.

Does anyone know if I can polish the extended slide stop with Mothers's polish? The material almost feels like it is aluminum rather than solid steel.

Any suggestions?

2. Caseyglock19

Caseyglock19 New Member

same thing happened to me. i was also wondering if i could polish them.

3. iGlock

iGlock Lead Farmer

Where did you guys order them from? I believe rockyourglock.com and glockstore.com both have the 3 piece chrome kit but one is satin finish and one has a mirror finish. Mine came in mirror finish and my buddies in satin.

Attached Files:

4. jrd5173

jrd5173 New Member

I got mine from RYG, wish I had went for the other and spent the extra $5.

5. Danzig

Danzig I do hood rat sh%t! Supporter

Texas
    I've only seen the matte chrome finished pin and ext. Slide lock which matches my EXO finished slide & barrel.

image-825798512.jpg

I've seen other members that polished their factory black parts to mirror finishes.

Attached Files:

6. MOST of these kits are just coated, if you polish it the finish will come off. all depends on what you have.

just return it and get the right one.