Chicago

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by NvRBanArms, May 5, 2012.

1. NvRBanArms

NvRBanArms Member

Asked some Chicago PD's what they carry on/off duty last night. They were cool about it. Except one of them. One guy was carrying a G21 with the hogue and said he loved it. I told him I had the same thing. Then asked what kind of ammo they use. Winchester was they're answer. Whatttttt? That surprised the hell out me. Then one cop was actin like a a hole and said I don't know what I was talking about. Until I mentioned HSTs and he asked where I get them shipped to. I replied, right over ther. My home. Lol. Then I explained all my handguns to them and I think the one cop was getting pissed. But the others were very cool about it. The one even dropped a mag out and showed me the bullet. It was out a S&W mp9. Made me have more respect for them. Except that one robocop. Lol.

2. TheKraken

TheKraken Surviving Covid-19 Staff Member Moderator Lifetime Supporting Member

There's always one in every crowd. Lol

3. Yep there is always one. But its cool they were being like that as a group. Being a leo, I have seen on more than one occasion, that one bad apple causes someone to have a negative opinion. To most civilians, what one "cop" does, all "cops" do.

4. Talking about firearms with civilians can often be a pretext to bad things for an officer, don't take offense if he is on guard.

5. Was one of them named Luis and short :)

6. NvRBanArms

NvRBanArms Member

Don't remember names. Sorry. But one of them was short. White guy. He was probably the coolest one outta the bunch.

7. NvRBanArms

NvRBanArms Member

I understand that. I was being respectful to them. Honestly, talking to them made me have more respect for officers. Usually people around here don't have that.

8. Danzig

Danzig I do hood rat sh%t! Supporter

Texas
    Cops are like the rest of the general population. I've had instructors in Police Academy that were rabidly anti-gun (except for cops of course). They dismissed pro-gun cops as ignorant newbs and would change our views after working in the real world. During 10 years of police work I became a NRA life member and still strong gun rights proponent.