Glock Firearms banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been shooting about 18 months...shoot a Glock 19. Carry concealed when not at work and I shoot IDPA when I can. Looking forward to joining in the conversation!
 

·
Duct Tape, Alabama Chrome
Joined
·
1,672 Posts
How does the 19 do in IDPA?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Pretty good in SSP. Most of my points down are because I jerk the trigger and the shot is low left. There are a lot of us that shoot the 19 including two guys that are pretty competitive.
 

·
Duct Tape, Alabama Chrome
Joined
·
1,672 Posts
Nice, I'm gonna be using my 19 till I can afford my 34. Found a 17 anniversary edition and it lept at my wallet and ate my 34 funds lol.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,460 Posts
Hello, CBS, and WELCOME to the Forum!

IDPA is fun, isn't it? I shoot it with my G26, and find it thoroughly enjoyable!

Any plans of modifying your '19? Got any pics you can share?

Cheers!
 

·
Hiding in plain sight....
Joined
·
18,120 Posts
Welcome to the Glock Forum!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Gen4new-guy said:
Welcome, I'm from bama also where do you sho ot idpa?
At Brock's Gap/Steel City Shooting Center. Here is the link to the home page: http://www.scssa.org/Default.htm. Also, there is a link to the IDPA page: http://www.brocksgapidpa.com/.

In the summer, they have a Into Shooting to IDPA match on 2nd Monday nights and IDPA Matches a couple of times a month.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Happysniper1 said:
Hello, CBS, and WELCOME to the Forum!

IDPA is fun, isn't it? I shoot it with my G26, and find it thoroughly enjoyable!

Any plans of modifying your '19? Got any pics you can share?

Cheers!

The only mods I've done are replaced the sights with meprolight hi viz tritium three dot sights. I wasn't real fond of the stock U sights. I will post a pic in the near future. Im shooting in the SSP division now, but with some of the mods I'm planning, I will have to move to ESP. I'm thinking of the following

1) extended mag release
2) replace recoil spring with a metal spring
3) replace barrel with a competition grade barrel
4) add a grip sock...I'm not sold on the grip sock yet. I've heard mixed reviews. Yes, it improves the grip, but it may have a tendency to make your shirt "ride up" when carrying concealed.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks to everyone for the warm welcome! I look forward to conversing with you all.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
46 Posts
CBS said:
At Brock's Gap/Steel City Shooting Center. Here is the link to the home page: http://www.scssa.org/Default.htm. Also, there is a link to the IDPA page: http://www.brocksgapidpa.com/.

In the summer, they have a Into Shooting to IDPA match on 2nd Monday nights and IDPA Matches a couple of times a month.
Awesome! I shoot USPSAand IDPA up there. I took Charlie Bakers class a while back and have been enjoying it ever since !! We will hve.to meet up next shoot!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Gen4new-guy said:
Awesome! I shoot USPSAand IDPA up there. I took Charlie Bakers class a while back and have been enjoying it ever since !! We will hve.to meet up next shoot!!
Great! I'm planing on going to the April 4th evening shoot.
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Top