Check out this new holster

Discussion in 'Holsters and Cases' started by snooch, Apr 11, 2012.

1. snooch

snooch New Member

I just bought one of these:

http://lynchcombatsystems.com/

And I love it..!

I was looking for an IWB system to replace my uncle mikes cheapy and a friend tried to turn me on to a "king tuck". I didn't care for how bulky and thick it was.

I found these guys last week and bought one for my G23, and I can't recomend it enough. It works IWB and OWB and is so light weight that I actually forget that I have it on when I pull my gun and mags out while I'm around the house. I actually fell asleep with it on.

One of the selling points is that you can keep this on IWB with your gun and mags when you go to the toilet. Totally true, I have done it twice..!

2. yska08

yska08 New Member

Wow very nice clean look.

3. snooch

snooch New Member

I tell ya, that was the first thing that caught my attention. I love that it doesn't have all of those rivet thingies all over it.

This thing feels like an aerodynamic piece of technology. ;)

4. Eye_Peeled

Eye_Peeled 8th Gen. Fla Cracker (not creepy though)

They don't show any pics of the back of it. Do you have any you could share on here?
    I asked you the same question on another thread, I just saw you started this one.

5. unit44justin

unit44justin New Member

+1 on some detailed pics .It looks like a pretty slick design, but I would probably trim some extra off the bottom.

6. snooch

snooch New Member

Here ya' go..! :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. Blades

Blades Senior Member

Interesting holster, thanks for the pictures.

8. TheKraken

TheKraken Surviving Covid-19 Staff Member Moderator Lifetime Supporting Member

9. Eye_Peeled

Eye_Peeled 8th Gen. Fla Cracker (not creepy though)

Thanks for the pics! Now I don't know what to say :). I'll go with Blades and say...interesting. I would definitely have to check this out in person. All I know is, I gotta stop spending money on holsters soon...

10. snooch

snooch New Member

I know what you mean..!

I have spent a fortune on different holsters and wish I had found these guys sooner. One of the main reasons I bought this one is because it doubles as IWB and OWB and is completely tuckable. The only thing it does not do is wrap around my ankle..! :D

11. unit44justin

unit44justin New Member

Can you post pics of how you use it as an IWB holster how does it hold in one spot?

12. snooch

snooch New Member

I think I understand what you mean, but are you asking how it stays in one spot on your body, for instance on my hip or in the 4 o clock position..?

It stays where ever I put it on the retention strap. And the cool thing is that not only does it stay where I put it on the strap, but I can move it around my waist if I need to. For instance, I typically carry at the 4 o clock position IWB but have found that sitting in certain chairs or wooden booths can be painful like this. With this holster I can just move my pistol around to my hip by sliding it on the retention strap. I can move it from the 4 o clock position to my hip and even around to appendix carry without ever having to loosen or undo my pants. And it stays right where I put it.

13. snooch

snooch New Member

Last edited: Apr 13, 2012
  14. littleposerfish

littleposerfish New Member

show us some carry pics, iwb and owb. but please........no toilet pics lol

15. snooch

snooch New Member

Alright here you go.

I took these in my "fully armed" jogging outfit.

Please ignore the spare tire. :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. Levelcross

Levelcross New Member

Thanks for the pics, this helps out a lot. Interesting idea for a holster. How is the retention for OWB? I am always looking for something better.

17. Blades

Blades Senior Member

Maybe we need a holster exchange program. I bet everyone has 2 or 3 holsters just sitting collecting dust. :D

18. jimmyalbrecht

jimmyalbrecht Glockn Rollin

This holster looks very interesting...neat concept.

19. snooch

snooch New Member

It is the best retention I have ever had.

I have used a soft shell uncle mikes IWB and even though it was very limited, I liked it. And I have a Tauga OWB leather holster that kind of holds to the body but prints like a mother. That king tuck hybrid my friend let me try really didn't work for me. All of that leather and metal hanging on my belt felt awkward. And it printed so bad I felt like I had an end table next me. I swear I could have set a drink on it and walked around.

This unidex holster is on you like you see in my pics. I didn't get their sweat barrier because I always wear an under shirt even in the summer.

20. snooch

snooch New Member

Man no doubt..!

I've got at least 4 or 5 sitting around. And this new unidex holster is so fast that it will even replace the serpa holster I use in IDPA competitions. So that's another one on the scrap pile. :eek: