Glock Firearms banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's an idea I got a while back. A lot of people buy the pacmayer and houge rubber grips. Instead of that go to wal-mart and get you a bike tire tube. Simply cut it in half, slide one end over the grip of your handgun, and trim with a razor blade. When you are done it should look like this. And if you like the talon sandpaper style grips. Go to your local skate shop and pick up some grip tape you can also get this in multiple colors. I did mine in black. Simply unroll the grip tape, cut a piece with scissors the basic shape of where you want to apply it, DO NOT remove backing that covers the glue and place on area you wish to cover, trim with razor blade, and remove protective backing and apply. When finished it should look something like my glock 22 here.

Attachments

·
Banned
1,214 Posts
Very good mod. Yours looks good. The tire tube is an old trick that Hogue and Pachmyer used to make their businesses.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Did not know that. Jus said well I ain't payin $30 for a piece of rubber. But hey you learn something new every day.

·
Banned
1,214 Posts
I don't blame you. I did the same thing to a Glock of mine years ago.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
But since I did the grip tape thing I like it a lot better. I might do that to my 26. My 23 is the RTF version so I don't really need it for that.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts