Glock Forum banner

cheap $20 laser. =)

4K views 24 replies 12 participants last post by  Nyckid211 
#1 · (Edited)
So I was surfing the web, and found this guy´s sweet little startup company. He makes accessories, for hunting, paintball and airsoft. I decided that I'd try his rail mounted laser for $20.

Received it in the mail today and I have to say I like it. Build quality is about 80-85% aluminum, with the rest being plastic. It has little adjustment knobs for sighting, and I think an adapter on it to add an addition accessory on it below. I like that it can be removed, and greatly reduces the profile of the laser. I also like that it doesn't cost an arm and leg like a lasermax. Even if it only lasts 500 rounds, I know I definitely got my money´s worth.
At worst, it's an inexpensive tool/training aid I can use to help improve my aim and target acquisition. I'm not affiliated with this seller nor am I endorsing them since I haven't tried the laser yet. Just wanted to give you guys a heads up, share some pictures, and get some opinions about it, as far as appearance, etc. This isn't something that I've integrated into my edc, so I'm not treating it as something that has to function flawlessly every time.

#4 ·
robby1211 said:
What's the site???
Well, I decided that I wouldn't put that info up until I got the okay from an admin. I was informed that in light of a situation with an other member on this forum and his shady dealings, my 'advertising' might be frowned upon. Just don't want to step on any toes. I'm sure soon enough, I'll be able to release that info.

#9 ·
CountryMick said:
Well, only way to know for sure is to give it a try. Hope it works to your satisfaction. My natural tendencies to be cynnical about things keeps me from being as optimistic about it though.
I hear you. I usually subscribe to the train of thought: if it's too good to be true... but what swayed me was that this is an individual who makes these, and he started because his daughter was diagnosed with cancer, so he started his company to raise funds for children with cancer. His daughter no longer has cancer, but it's an admirable cause nonetheless. I'll add more photos tomorrow after a trip to the range!

Trigger Air gun Gun barrel Gun accessory Wood

Trigger Automotive exterior Bumper Air gun Gun accessory

Trigger Air gun Gun barrel Gun accessory Automotive exterior

Watch Automotive lighting Clock Material property Wood

Camera accessory Cameras & optics Auto part Metal Font

Attachments

#11 · (Edited)
Okay, so I took a trip to the range, with my laser. Here are a few pros and cons.
Pros: it maintained its point of aim. It also didn't wriggle around on the frame after 150 rounds. I had fun shooting it. Made for an interesting range trip. Helped me learn alot. For one, when I sighted it in at home, I used a reference point on a wall at home to sight in the laser, probably some 20' feet away. The target I was aiming at, at the range was 45' away. Couldn't hit the steel plate, but could consistently hit paper@ 25'. Maybe I should research at what distance most gunfights occur and sight my laser for that distance while also practicing at that distance. I also need to check poa and poi against each other, and make modifications at the range.

Now for the con: The button to actuate the laser fell off! That's the only con so far.

Automotive design Automotive exterior Bumper Trigger Laptop accessory

I can't recommend this to anyone for use, since the button fell off while shooting the first magazine. I can still turn the laser on and off but it takes more effort to stick my finger into the hole to turn it on and off and this wouldn't be practical in a real world scenario.

Going forward, I will contact the owner and see what course of action he will take. Good investment for practice and muscle memory training, not so much for other applications.

P.S. I managed to message him on Facebook, and he said his gear is made for real firearms, but he also markets to paintball/airsoft to broaden his client base.

Attachments

#12 ·
thanks for the update. You probably helped him make his product better.

Keep in mind "legal engagement" distances for self defense and zero there. IF you're engaging past that distance, you may have other issues on your hands.

D

#14 ·
Good review, and glad to see that it (mostly) held up well. Hopefully your feedback will help him find a way to improve the quality of the on/off switch. Pleasantly suprised to hear it held it's aimpoint throughout!

#22 ·
chrisdavenport said:
So, what's the website for the laser?
It's acidtactical.com but the laser may be more trouble than it's worth. I got the replacement button, and used super glue. It doesn't come off now, but the laser randomly disengages when firing. In his defense,I didn't follow his instructions on how to affix the button though.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.