Glock Firearms banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive seen that 15 rd. Mag's .40 and the SIG followers are identical. I prefer my 31 over my 22 for bedsidee duty.

I changed out the follower on a few of my 22 round .40 magazines to a .357 follower.
There appears to be a difference in appearance in the hi cap Mag's. Haven't been to the range to test. Heard that the. 40 and. 357 Mag's are interchangable…witness holes in hi cap mags don't reflect true number of rounds but everything else seems to be kosher.

Anyone with PERSONAL EXPERIENCE have any input?

·
Registered
132 Posts
I use 40 magazines in my G32, G33 and they work fine. The witness holes should line up as the base of the cartridge is identical to the .40 S&W. In fact if I accidentally pick up .40 brass at the range it goes right into the .357 die no problem and out comes a .357 Sig with a .40 headstamp.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I use 40 magazines in my G32, G33 and they work fine. The witness holes should line up as the base of the cartridge is identical to the .40 S&W. In fact if I accidentally pick up .40 brass at the range it goes right into the .357 die no problem and out comes a .357 Sig with a .40 headstamp.
Thanks. Appreciate it. I see the regular 15 round Mag's seem to line up fine in the 15 round magazines...however the 22 round. 40 Cal magazines are the ones that don't.
Ive read all kinds of Internet tales about changing the followers to prevent problems feeding the last round of SIG out of the. 40 mag.

One more thing- when installed in the 22 rd. mag., the SIG follower rides higher than the. 40 Cal. Are all the gen 4 mag. followers the same with the exception of the 10 rounder I:D wonder? Just spitballin.

Guess Ill just have to test it for proper function. Thanks for taking the time to answer.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts