Glock Firearms banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Just One Glock
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a couple hours to kill today so I cerakoted the slide on my recently acquired (and first) Gen 3 22. Used the Stainless Steel and it turned out pretty nice.

·
I have the body of a god........Budda
6,346 Posts
Looks excellent !

·
Banned
1,000 Posts
Nice, like the bi-tone look! :)

·
Hiding in plain sight....
18,120 Posts
I really like the looks of that! Good job!

·
Click Click Boom
45,268 Posts
Great job! How hard was it to do?

·
8th Gen. Fla Cracker (not creepy though)
3,451 Posts
That looks good! Some Oakland Raider fan is going to want that!

·
Just One Glock
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It was very easy to do. I have been duracoating for 4 years or so, just started using cerakote about 3-4 months ago and I really like it. Goes on easy and looks good. I removed the old finish by blasting with aluminum oxide and then just sprayed the cerakote on. This is the air cure, trying the oven cure (have to mix with hardener like duracoat) this weekend so I will see how that turns out. I will post some pics, doing a 19 slide/barrel in the burnt bronze.

·
I have the body of a god........Budda
6,346 Posts
It was very easy to do. I have been duracoating for 4 years or so, just started using cerakote about 3-4 months ago and I really like it. Goes on easy and looks good. I removed the old finish by blasting with aluminum oxide and then just sprayed the cerakote on. This is the air cure, trying the oven cure (have to mix with hardener like duracoat) this weekend so I will see how that turns out. I will post some pics, doing a 19 slide/barrel in the burnt bronze.
Cool......Have been wondering about the Duracoat/Cerakote "battle".

I Duracoat and and have a friend on an auto forum who powdercoats and wanted to connect me with their Cerakote rep'. After 2 reminders I never heard from the CeraKote rep'.

Question ? Can you take a Cerakoted Glock slide and pound the edge on the corner of 3/4 marine plywood and show basically no damage ?

I'm asking because if Cerakote can withstand the same punishment then I want to get into Cerakoting also.

THX & best regards

·
Just One Glock
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Did this 19 slide/barrel for a buddy of mine in the oven cure Burnt Bronze, turned out well. Sorry for the crappy pics from my phone, will try and get something nicer up tomorrow.

[IMG

·
Banned
1,214 Posts
Burnt Bronze and Flat Dark Earth are my two most popular colors.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.