·
Click Click Boom
45,268 Posts
Great job! How hard was it to do?

·
Just One Glock
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It was very easy to do. I have been duracoating for 4 years or so, just started using cerakote about 3-4 months ago and I really like it. Goes on easy and looks good. I removed the old finish by blasting with aluminum oxide and then just sprayed the cerakote on. This is the air cure, trying the oven cure (have to mix with hardener like duracoat) this weekend so I will see how that turns out. I will post some pics, doing a 19 slide/barrel in the burnt bronze.

·
I have the body of a god........Budda
6,346 Posts
It was very easy to do. I have been duracoating for 4 years or so, just started using cerakote about 3-4 months ago and I really like it. Goes on easy and looks good. I removed the old finish by blasting with aluminum oxide and then just sprayed the cerakote on. This is the air cure, trying the oven cure (have to mix with hardener like duracoat) this weekend so I will see how that turns out. I will post some pics, doing a 19 slide/barrel in the burnt bronze.
Cool......Have been wondering about the Duracoat/Cerakote "battle".

I Duracoat and and have a friend on an auto forum who powdercoats and wanted to connect me with their Cerakote rep'. After 2 reminders I never heard from the CeraKote rep'.

Question ? Can you take a Cerakoted Glock slide and pound the edge on the corner of 3/4 marine plywood and show basically no damage ?

I'm asking because if Cerakote can withstand the same punishment then I want to get into Cerakoting also.

THX & best regards

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.