Glock Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How much would you expect to spend for a cerakote job for a G19? Seems I am seeing prices anywhere from $125.00 to $350.00 (for the slide and frame). I want t good job, but I don't want to get ripped off from being ignorant.
I am thinking just a basic two color job (one color for the frame, one for the slide).

Thanks !

·
Premium Member
14,568 Posts
Very happy with my G19.4. $200 at Patriot GunnSupply in Williamsburg, VA. Took weeks from drop off to pick up this past January!
I’d think $200 would be top end. I had a lc9s pro that I had done. I paid $85 for the slide & barrel. I got a discount for sending the slide with the sights off it.

Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory Air gun Metal

Sniper gray slide & graphite black barrel colors.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Ask your local gun shop if they know anyone that does gun finishes, typical price I see for Cerakote is around $200 -$250 complete gun

Reactions: Oceandiver

·
Registered
Depends on the day
1 Posts
How much would you expect to spend for a cerakote job for a G19? Seems I am seeing prices anywhere from $125.00 to $350.00 (for the slide and frame). I want t good job, but I don't want to get ripped off from being ignorant.
I am thinking just a basic two color job (one color for the frame, one for the slide).

Thanks !
See my new Glock 19 Gen5 I just had done...Fern Hill Customs Huber Heights, Ohio. He has a FB site.

·
Premium Member
14,568 Posts

Thanks !
This is how I found my local Cerakote Certified Applicator.

·
!3M TA3
614 Posts
How does Cerakote compare to a Nitride finish? Which one is a better finish? Which one holds up better to the elements? Which one stands up better to holster use?

·
Premium Member
14,568 Posts
How does Cerakote compare to a Nitride finish? Which one is a better finish? Which one holds up better to the elements? Which one stands up better to holster use?
The Traditions Performance Firearms barrel protected by Cerakote took 150x longer to show visible signs of corrosion than the barrel treated with Black Nitride Rust Proofing by CVA. This test video shows that when corrosion protection matters, Cerakote outlasts and outperforms, making it the obvious choice.

This is from Cerakote’s website. So…

1 - 10 of 10 Posts