Glock Firearms banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently installed a new set of sights and I'm wondering what the best way is to be sure my rear sight is centered.

·
Banned
2,947 Posts
That really depends on the sights that you put on the gun. For example some Heinie sights, by design, are not supposed to be centered on the slide.

Push the rear site to wherever it need to be to shoot straight, thats all that matters. If you give us specifics on the brand and model we can help more.

·
Premium Member
2,686 Posts
I personally use a set of dial calipers. There's a depth gauge on the end opposite the jaws that you can use to measure each side of the site down to .001 accuracy. Better depending on your calipers. But basically you measure the width of your slide and write it down, then measure the width of your sites and write it down. Subtract the two values and divide by two. Then you'll know how much space should be on each side.

Please post your thoughts on the sights as well. I've considered those but not sure yet.

·
Certified Glock Armorer
11,359 Posts
I usually use a ruler and measure where the center of the stock rear sight an mark a little line on the slide with a pencil, and measure the new rear sight an put a line on it with the pencil, then it's perfectly centered when installed! That's how i do it..

·
Heart Of Dixie
589 Posts
I measure the sight and put a pencil mark on the center. I measure
the slide and put a pencil mark on the center. I then drift the sight
until the two marks align, Wipe off pencil marks.

·
Certified Glock Armorer
11,359 Posts
I measure the sight and put a pencil mark on the center. I measure
the slide and put a pencil mark on the center. I then drift the sight
until the two marks align, Wipe off pencil marks.
Copy cat! Lol i do the same way, I posted above you.. Great easy way imo

1 - 9 of 9 Posts