Ccw range

Discussion in 'Conceal & Open Carry' started by n8tv, Jun 27, 2012.

1. n8tv

n8tv New Member

What is the distance you have to shoot from for the ccw test. I am in Louisiana I don't know if all states are the same or they different. Also what size is the target.

2. dutchs

dutchs Well-Known Member

It was 7 yards in Florida and I think the target was 12x20 inches?

3. SeventiesWreckers

SeventiesWreckers Load Bearing Wall

In Nevada it's 7 - 10 yards, the target is a standard NTC Black Silhouette. Just call some of the local CCW training programs around where your at, they'll probably be happy to fill you in. Local Gun Shops usually have a few they can refer you to.

Attached Files:

4. In Missouri it's at 7 yards at a B-27 silhouette.

5. n8tv

n8tv New Member

Kool sounds like 7 yards is pretty common. I have been practicing at 15. I will call around locally and see what I can find

6. dutchs

dutchs Well-Known Member

I may be wrong, but I believe 7 yards is where most LEO qualify at.

7. Levelcross

Levelcross New Member

In NC I shot at 7-10-15 at the standard black target. No time limit for each stage, my instructor smiled at the double taps.

8. dwcfastrice

dwcfastrice Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporting Member

No Test in PA. :D

Double edged sword I guess. It's easy to get a LTCF, BUT you have a ton of untrained, non-practicing shooters who have LTCF.

ALthough I'm a big proponent of training, I do NOT agree with restricting people's constitutional rights where you have to "qualify" to exercise the right.

d

D

9. mikecu

mikecu New Member

I don't think that you were required to hit the target in Florida.

10. dutchs

dutchs Well-Known Member

I had to be in the paper 4 out of 5 shots from 7 yards. If you can't do that you shouldn't own a gun.

11. n8tv

n8tv New Member

Well I hope most people have to hit the target. There might be a lot of people carrying who don't hit what they aim for in a real situation.

12. jrlusmc

jrlusmc Member

In rhode island it's 25 yards 30 rounds in thirty minutes on a army-L target minimum score 195 of 300

13. G30Sharpshooter

G30Sharpshooter New Member

That's how it is here in Ohio as well. But I was raised on a farm and we all learned how to shoot at a young age so that was cake.

14. Warmerd4

Warmerd4 New Member

f. two hours of actual live range fire and proper handgun cleaning procedures:
    i. live range fire shall include at a minimum 12 rounds each at 6 feet, 10 feet and 15 feet
    for a total of 36 rounds;
    ii. each applicant or permittee shall perform at least one safe reload of the handgun at
    each distance;
    iii. each applicant or permittee shall score 100 percent hits within the silhouette portion
    of an N.R.A. B-27 type silhouette target with at least 36 rounds

These are the LA requirements

15. LSU_glock23

LSU_glock23 New Member

I took the CCW class in LA about a month ago.

Had to shoot the paper on a silhouette target (NOT THE TARGET, JUST THE PAPER) from 5, 10 and 15 feet. Not yards, feet. It was insanely easy.

16. TacticalSatan

TacticalSatan Matt Supporter

it took me a second to realize that you were talking about Louisiana and not Los Angeles. Lol, I was thinking there is no way in hell CA would make it that easy to qualify lol

17. radelahunt

radelahunt Glock 19/43 Fanatic (Always Carrying)

In Florida, none is required. I train at 25 yards and 50 yards because I believe a pistol is mainly a short range weapon. I train on rifle out to 100 yards at least.

18. LSU_glock23

LSU_glock23 New Member

lol I bet! What do you have to go through to carry in California?

19. ReCert

ReCert Member Supporter

FWIW, in Maine, our LEO (active and retired) course of fire is 50 rounds back-to-back (100 rds total) at ranges of 25, 15, 10, 7, 5, and 3 yards standing, kneeling, and prone.

We are to qualify once each year per state requirements...individual departments may require more often.

20. Tommycourt1

Tommycourt1 Tommycourt1

Arizona requires nothing to conceal/carry although there is nothing wrong with taking a CCW class and some range training. We may be the wild west but we are the "cultured" wild west!
    Tommy:D