Glock Firearms banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the distance you have to shoot from for the ccw test. I am in Louisiana I don't know if all states are the same or they different. Also what size is the target.

·
Banned
1,000 Posts
What is the distance you have to shoot from for the ccw test. I am in Louisiana I don't know if all states are the same or they different. Also what size is the target.
It was 7 yards in Florida and I think the target was 12x20 inches?

·
Load Bearing Wall
4,095 Posts
In Nevada it's 7 - 10 yards, the target is a standard NTC Black Silhouette. Just call some of the local CCW training programs around where your at, they'll probably be happy to fill you in. Local Gun Shops usually have a few they can refer you to.

Attachments

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Kool sounds like 7 yards is pretty common. I have been practicing at 15. I will call around locally and see what I can find

·
Banned
1,000 Posts
I may be wrong, but I believe 7 yards is where most LEO qualify at.

·
Registered
547 Posts
In NC I shot at 7-10-15 at the standard black target. No time limit for each stage, my instructor smiled at the double taps.

·
Premium Member
8,787 Posts
No Test in PA. :D

Double edged sword I guess. It's easy to get a LTCF, BUT you have a ton of untrained, non-practicing shooters who have LTCF.

ALthough I'm a big proponent of training, I do NOT agree with restricting people's constitutional rights where you have to "qualify" to exercise the right.

d

D

·
Banned
1,000 Posts
I don't think that you were required to hit the target in Florida.
I had to be in the paper 4 out of 5 shots from 7 yards. If you can't do that you shouldn't own a gun.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well I hope most people have to hit the target. There might be a lot of people carrying who don't hit what they aim for in a real situation.

·
Registered
9 Posts
dutchs said:
I had to be in the paper 4 out of 5 shots from 7 yards. If you can't do that you shouldn't own a gun.
That's how it is here in Ohio as well. But I was raised on a farm and we all learned how to shoot at a young age so that was cake.

·
Registered
18 Posts
f. two hours of actual live range fire and proper handgun cleaning procedures:
i. live range fire shall include at a minimum 12 rounds each at 6 feet, 10 feet and 15 feet
for a total of 36 rounds;
ii. each applicant or permittee shall perform at least one safe reload of the handgun at
each distance;
iii. each applicant or permittee shall score 100 percent hits within the silhouette portion
of an N.R.A. B-27 type silhouette target with at least 36 rounds

These are the LA requirements

·
Registered
29 Posts
Well I hope most people have to hit the target. There might be a lot of people carrying who don't hit what they aim for in a real situation.
I took the CCW class in LA about a month ago.

Had to shoot the paper on a silhouette target (NOT THE TARGET, JUST THE PAPER) from 5, 10 and 15 feet. Not yards, feet. It was insanely easy.

·
Matt
3,322 Posts
I took the CCW class in LA about a month ago.

Had to shoot the paper on a silhouette target (NOT THE TARGET, JUST THE PAPER) from 5, 10 and 15 feet. Not yards, feet. It was insanely easy.
it took me a second to realize that you were talking about Louisiana and not Los Angeles. Lol, I was thinking there is no way in hell CA would make it that easy to qualify lol

·
Banned
1,656 Posts
In Florida, none is required. I train at 25 yards and 50 yards because I believe a pistol is mainly a short range weapon. I train on rifle out to 100 yards at least.

·
Premium Member
140 Posts
I may be wrong, but I believe 7 yards is where most LEO qualify at.
FWIW, in Maine, our LEO (active and retired) course of fire is 50 rounds back-to-back (100 rds total) at ranges of 25, 15, 10, 7, 5, and 3 yards standing, kneeling, and prone.

We are to qualify once each year per state requirements...individual departments may require more often.

·
Tommycourt1
678 Posts
Arizona requires nothing to conceal/carry although there is nothing wrong with taking a CCW class and some range training. We may be the wild west but we are the "cultured" wild west!
Tommy:D

1 - 20 of 20 Posts