Ccw permits

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Glockmaster, Apr 18, 2012.

1. Glockmaster

Glockmaster New Member

It's received an email from the attorney generals office here in KS. They are saying they might be revoking my permit because of a conviction against me 12 years ago.

The charge was driving on suspended & a bic pin with meth residue in it.

Can they do this?

By the way I have not BEEN in trouble since than and I have been clean now for 11 years.

The only other things on my record is driving on suspended x6 that's it.

There is nothing in the KS law about my record that say I can't obtain a CCW permit.

2. condor56

condor56 New Member

Are u kidding. Man. Don't u know convicted felons are not allowed permits. Are they going to get u for falsifying ur application?

3. Glockmaster

Glockmaster New Member

First of all I'm not a convicted felon. And I never falsified my app. It asked I I ever been convicted of a felony and I haven't.

Here in KS if you are a convicted felon you can not buy firearms and I own servile. Also the requirements are if you haven't been convicted of a felony or convicted of a violent crime or domestic abuse you are allowed to apply for a conceal carry permit.

Just got off the phone with my lawyer & he told me I have nothing to worry about. All that's on my record is mistermeters NO FELONY's.

4. jonm61

jonm61 New Member

It seems odd that they would've approved it in the first place. Is it because of the drug part? I doubt either of those is a felony.

I would talk to a lawyer or look to see if there's an appeal process for the revocation. See about getting your record expunged.

5. Glockmaster

Glockmaster New Member

About 30 min ago I talked with my lawyer and he told me not to worry. And just wait & see what they do. If they do revoke it I pay him $250 and he will take it in front of a judge. He said there is no legal reason why I can't have a CCW permit. And you are correct I have never been convicted of a felony. Close but they were reduced to mister-meters.

6. iGlock

iGlock Lead Farmer

Driving on a suspended lisence is a felony? I thought it was just a misdominer.

7. Glockmaster

Glockmaster New Member

No the driving on suspended was a misdominer. But the little bit of meth residue they tried to tag me with a felony but was reduced to a misdominer because I went to treatment. And did what the judge wanted.

8. kjohnson9212

kjohnson9212 New Member

congrats on staying clean ... i hope...

9. iGlock

iGlock Lead Farmer

Oh alright. You should look into just getting your record expunged.

10. Glockmaster

Glockmaster New Member

Thank you! A lot of people I have talked to in NA classes say its hard to stay clean. But for me it was really easy all I had to do was think about my son & my wife. It's been great being clean I couldn't imagine getting hooked again. Life is so much better now. 11 years & counting.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2012
  11. Green-Water

Green-Water New Member

^^^^^That's awesome.^^^^^. Good on you for putting your family first.

12. Glockmaster

Glockmaster New Member

Thank you! You live & you learn. I'm still married 15 years now & we had 2 more boys since than & our life's couldn't be better. Well it would be nice to win the LOTO :)

13. Green-Water

Green-Water New Member

Haha!! I'm happy now too but I think having that much money would only bring problems.

14. Glockmaster

Glockmaster New Member

Yeah your right it would.

15. Matthew780

Matthew780 Very Sensitive Guy (^;)

You're the exception to the ordinary, brother. Good on ya.

What's done is done. Does no good to look back except to recognize what you can do differently in the future. Can't change a thing in the past. But you can, and have, changed your future.

If they revoke it? Give it to your lawyer.

16. Glockmaster

Glockmaster New Member

Thank you Matt.

17. Glockmaster

Glockmaster New Member

Well got a letter today from the Attorney Generals office they say I can keep my permit :)

18. Dark Knight

Dark Knight Administrator Staff Member Admin Moderator Lifetime Supporting Member

19. Glockmaster

Glockmaster New Member

Yeah there for a min I was really worried. But I knew my record and was confused about the whole deal. Luckily they took another look and didn't jump to fast on dismissing me.

20. Green-Water

Green-Water New Member

Good to hear!! Congrats.