Glock Forum banner

CCW in action

3K views 18 replies 11 participants last post by  series11 
#1 ·
Recently my next door neighbors got in a dispute that quickly escalated. My wife inadvertently got involved I quickly got her inside and told the husband if he didnt calm down or leave I'd call the police. He and his wife moved the brawl into there open garage door and when I heard him strike her I called 911, my wife stayed on with the operator and I quickly stepped out to render aid,(keep in mind here folks the only reason I did this was because I felt the womans was in real danger) the husband had clearly hit his wife I asked him to come talk to me but instead he advanced toward me with an object in his hand, I ripped my G27 Gen 4 from an IWB holster and pointed it at him, he hit the deck and I held him at gun point until the sheriff arrived, who then thanked me took a statement and hauled the abuser off to jail. My blood was pumping pretty hard for a few hours after, having been a Marine serving 2 tours in OIF I knew that feeling, still seams surreal I experienced this in my own neighborhood.

#2 ·
Good post on proper use of your CCW and the benefits it has. The OP made an attempt to be civil with the subject and when threatened with a blunt force weapon he acted appropriately. Yes the situation could have got much worse but the OP has sound mind and judgement to remain calm and help protect himself and the woman in need... Good job for helping your neighbor and also a big thank you for you military service so we can have these freedoms :)

#4 ·
nyycanseco33 said:
Good post on proper use of your CCW and the benefits it has. The OP made an attempt to be civil with the subject and when threatened with a blunt force weapon he acted appropriately. Yes the situation could have got much worse but the OP has sound mind and judgement to remain calm and help protect himself and the woman in need... Good job for helping your neighbor and also a big thank you for you military service so we can have these freedoms :)
+1 here too. Semper Fi Marine and good job.

#5 · (Edited)
Nateparker1 said:
"having been a Marine serving 2 tours in OIF"
You misspoke here (I'm pretty sure MarinewithaGlock will agree with me too).. You have put it in the past tense as if you are not a Marine anymore... Once a Marine, always a Marine! (just saying that cause my grandfather would say the same thing when he was alive)

I was never a Marine but my grandfather is and was a survivor of the Chosin Reservoir in Korea, much respect to you and MarinewithaGlock :)

#7 ·
nyycanseco33 said:
You misspoke here (I'm pretty sure MarinewithaGlock will agree with me too).. You have put it in the past tense as if you are not a Marine anymore... Once a Marine, always a Marine! (just saying that cause my grandfather would say the same thing when he was alive)

I was never a Marine but my grandfather is and was a survivor of the Chosin Reservoir in Korea, much respect to you and MarinewithaGlock :)
I didn't even catch that haha but you are correct. Once a Marine, always a Marine. But what he could have been referring to is a certain point in time. Drawing on his experience as have having been a Marine with two tours in OIF. Where he is talking specifically about his time as a Marine in Iraq.

#8 ·
MarinewithaGlock said:
I didn't even catch that haha but you are correct. Once a Marine, always a Marine. But what he could have been referring to is a certain point in time. Drawing on his experience as have having been a Marine with two tours in OIF. Where he is talking specifically about his time as a Marine in Iraq.
Yeah I understand, I was just pointing that out and busting on him a bit at the same time... Again I def respect the military men and women and also am partial to the Marines cause of my grandfather... Always had Marine Corps items all over his house and at my house when I was growing up too :)

#9 ·
I think most Americans a partial to Marines lol. Don't get me wrong. I respect anyone who is willing to serve regardless of branch (I'm not trying to pick that interservice argument) but the fact that America doesn't NEED a Marine Corps but it wants a Marine Corps says something.

Back on topic, Nate, you did a great job and thanks for sharing this with us. I would love to hear more stories if people have them. (not that I'm wishing people were gettin put in these situations)

#10 ·
At ease gents, I meant the period of time I serve in Iraq. I'll be a marine till the day I die I bleed semper fi. Any who this was an incredible experience I was scared and excited, goes to show the importance of ccw's and sound decision making. I attribute being able to maintain my composure on that occasion to both my military as well as civilian contractor training. A lot of Americans don't advocate us carrying but god dammit if I had been unarmed who knows what would have happened. Thank you gentlemen god bless America, and our amendment rights!

#13 ·
Wait, so you had a gun and protected an innocent woman with your 2nd amendment rights and you didn't kill everyone on site? That is not possible; everyone knows that people with guns are bloodthirsty and will kill anyone who makes them angry :rolleyes: Good job of properly defusing the situation, maintaining calm and using your weapon in a correct manner. Things could have been worse, but they weren't. That jerk who beats his wife hit the ground like the coward he is when he realized you weren't going to be a helpless victim.

#14 ·
Nice work, nateparker1

So, now how do you think things will be with your next door neighbor now since you pulled your 27 out? I am guessing he was pretty drunk and may not remember everything, but just wondering what you expect next?

#15 ·
At ease gents, I meant the period of time I serve in Iraq. I'll be a marine till the day I die I bleed semper fi. Any who this was an incredible experience I was scared and excited, goes to show the importance of ccw's and sound decision making. I attribute being able to maintain my composure on that occasion to both my military as well as civilian contractor training. A lot of Americans don't advocate us carrying but god dammit if I had been unarmed who knows what would have happened. Thank you gentlemen god bless America, and our amendment rights!
I can just hear Jack Nicholson (In A Few Good Men) saying to that turd Wife beater: "You F'ed With the wrong Marine!:D:D:D

OOHRAH!! OUTSTANDING JOB MARINE!

#16 ·
Well I haven't spoken to him but I've seen him in passing since, I'm sure he will think twice before pulling any of that **** again. It's unfortunate too see but I cannot accurately say if they will stay together or not. In her interest I'd hope not but we have all seen how those things usually go, it's very sad.

#17 ·
dslmac2 said:
Nice work, nateparker1

So, now how do you think things will be with your next door neighbor now since you pulled your 27 out? I am guessing he was pretty drunk and may not remember everything, but just wondering what you expect next?
Regardless of how drunk someone gets they ALWAYS remember a gun drawn on them and pointed in their direction. I work at 911 here in my county and run into this all the time, I imagine from experience that there is no longer a neighbor relationship. Tensions will be quite obvious and the wife may either be sympathetic to the OP or she may have a minor form of Stockholm Syndrome and be sympathetic to the male subject... It's a sticky situation but I think the OP will be fine and handle any retribution appropriately through the right LEO authorities and/or right means of personal defense.

#18 ·
Nice work, nateparker1

Good question...hopefully the neighbor will have some NEW found respect for his wife and neighbors that ain't gonna take that s&&t.

I wish this made headlines like the shootings do nation wide.

#19 ·
Hey great job!!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.