CCW - How many of you carry extra mags?

Discussion in 'Conceal & Open Carry' started by dbmcclus, Jul 23, 2012.

1. dbmcclus

dbmcclus New Member

I recently purchased a Glock 19 and obtained a CCP. Was wonder if most of you carry an extra magazine besides the one in your pistol.

2. I do with my 1911, as it only holds 7 rounds. I don't with my G19, as it holds twice as much. After the Colorado shootings, I am rethinking my strategy.

Jim

3. dutchs

dutchs Well-Known Member

Always at least one extra, I have a pack I carry I can put an extra in with my gun and a holster with an extra mag holder.

4. bhale187

bhale187 New Member Supporter

very rarely do I carry a backup mag, and then its when the only pistol I am carrying is my keltec 380

I always have spares in the vehicle though

5. iGlock

iGlock Lead Farmer

I usually carry one extra mag. Every once in awhile ill carry 2 and leave 1 in the car.

6. sgtcowboyusmc

sgtcowboyusmc New Member

Minimum of 1 13 rnd mag for my G30 and on days I carry the 1911 Kimber a Minimum of 2 8rnd Mags extra. So with my G30 I have 24 (10+1 in the Gun and 13 in the G21 Mag.) And with the Kimber 1911 I carry 25 (8+1 in the Kimber and two (2) 8 rnd Wilson Mags. Now there are times when I carry 2 or 3 extra Mags when my Gut tells me to. Sometimes I just feel better with more Bullets:D

7. G29EDC

G29EDC New Member

When at or going to work I carry only my G29 with 10 rounds. I do have a 20 round mag and a G20 mag in my Maxpedition bag in my vehicle. When not at work I have the 20 round mag in a Fobus holder on my person.

8. Two mags for whatever I'm carrying. Lately the G17 topped off and two extra 17rnd mags.

9. justinp1987

justinp1987 New Member

I carry a gen 4 27 and I always carry a spare mag and both mags have the pierce plus two base plate . I don't like slots things in my pockets but you can never have enough ammo. Justin

10. EvilD

EvilD New Member

Basically the same for me, except I dont carry my 1911. I carry 2 extras with my Taurus, and when I get an extra or two for my Sig I will carry those as well. I can pocket carry the two for the Taurus, but not for my 17 or for the Sig so I need IWB mag holders.

11. rickjames

rickjames Hard Work! Dedication! Supporter

usually one extra in the mag holder of the belly band. Sometimes one extra in the car too.

12. I always carry two extras in a mag pouch just to be on the safe side

13. RRoss

RRoss If it goes boom or bang, I want to play with it! Lifetime Supporting Member

Welcome to the Forum Dubby! Think you'll like it here!!

14. dougster

dougster New Member

I actually carried an extra mag for the first time yesterday. I guess the events of the day caused a change in thinking.

I had previously thought 15 rounds would be plenty. I've started to rethink my EDC. Now carry 30 rounds daily.

15. Two-Guns

Two-Guns New Member

I carry one extra mag and one BUG.

16. Webphisher

Webphisher Duct Tape, Alabama Chrome

Extra mag in the bag with my BUG right now. As soon as I find a concealed mag carrier I like I'll have the extra mag on my belt.

17. dougster

dougster New Member

Check this out on AMZN: Maxpedition Single Sheath (Black)
    http://amzn.com/B001CZFTJO

This works great for my G19 mag. I carry it horizontal on my weak side. It can also be carried vertical.

18. Dan75719

Dan75719 New Member

Unlike what most people have said, I do not carry an extra one. I carry the 19. If 15 rounds can't do the job then I am probably in a lot of trouble anyway.

19. GlockIt

GlockIt Carry on my friends!!!!

+1 Except in the winter I carry two extra mags and a BUG :).

20. Lucian_253

Lucian_253 Well-Known Member Supporter

I carry my primary gun at about 4:00, and an extra mag at 8:00 in a mag holder. I also carry a Kahr pm9 in my left front pocket. After holding the Kimber solo today, I may replace the Kahr.