CCW Holder in Las Vegas Gunned Down by Police

Discussion in 'Second Amendment & Legal' started by nukinfuts29, Jun 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bubba2001

bubba2001 Well-Known Member Supporter

this happened in 2010

2. Huh....I wonder why this story was just posted? Weird

3. bubba2001

4. I bet the GF was a mess

5. jonm61

jonm61 New Member

Regardless of when it happened, it was tragic and sounds like someone was more than a little quick on the trigger.

6. Djstudter702

Djstudter702 Dj Studter

Wow, and to think that even though it was a while ago it's not to far from where I live.

7. bubba2001

Wasnt try to imply that because it was an old story that it changed anything .........just pointing out it happend a while back

8. brannon67

brannon67 New Member

Just make sure your gun is totally concealed. You cant take any chances these days. Its crazy. (Some) LEOs shooting law abiding citizens for no reason out of fear. Its sad.

9. brannon67

brannon67 New Member

Why we carry, are you ready to face the consequences people

We all carry concealed, and we all(most of us) have our permit, and we are law abiding citizens, not convicted of a felony. Most of us carry everyday, and we talk about it, this and that, but are we really ready to face the consequences of actually having to draw our guns, and use deadly force? Are we ready to face LEO's who are scared and pull the trigger to soon without weighing all the facts before they use deadly force on us? We have changed the way we think, live, dress, etc to carry legally. Are we ready to face the consequences when TSHTF? Im curious. It scares me, not just the criminals, but also law enforcement, and the judicial system. I do not trust any of it.:(

10. dutchs

dutchs Well-Known Member

To a certain degree I can agree with some of what you say. Now, Just my opinion, don't read anything else into this! If I for one minute was afraid that something like this would happen to me, I would not carry! This is a one in a 10 million incident and it certainly should have been handled better. Personally, If I had seen this kind of deterioration in the incident I would have gone myself to the loss prevention people and given them my gun or made sure they knew I was not a nut, I know I have rights but am not so concerned that I would let a situation escalate to the point of being killed. Secondly, Our LEO's in this country handle millions of cases like this or similar every day, I trust them to do the right thing but I need to be SMART about my right to carry as well. Thirdly, Our judicial system is an arm of the Legislators that we elect. Many of the judges are elected officials it is just that most people vote for them and have NO IDEA who or what they are. In a free society we will have good and bad, This incident was bad, just as in many others though it was preventable on both sides. Unfortunately people die from these things and they will never stop. We are humans and will never be perfect. I am willing to bet on the peacemakers every time.VERY SIMPLY JUST MY OPINION>

11. brannon67

brannon67 New Member

LEOS are trained to spot guns being concealed; like in you pocket, any printing, moving, shifting around, the way the person stands, if he or she shifts anything in their pocket or pants, etc. They look for it, so be aware everyone. Even though we carry legally, doesnt mean all is OK. I would love to trust the LAW, but I cant trust the law to protect my family and myself. I trust them not. I have one LEO who is a friend. I trust him, others, I do not. SAd but true. Inflated egos man. Cant stand it.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2012
  12. brannon67

brannon67 New Member

I obey the laws, obviously because I do have my carry permit, and I am not a felon, I choose not to be, but when the law abiding citizens are being harassesd, jailed, beaten, or worse, killed, just because a LEO is crazy and nervous, and quick to judge, is down right unacceptable in my eyes. If more of this goes on, then people are going to be scared to carry, in being in fear that if a LEO happens to see their carry gun, then they will get shot, and questions will not be asked before. Unacceptable! PERIOD! We may as well let the convicted felons with the illegal guns rob and kill us, if we have this to look forward to everytime we carry. I do not accept this, never. Why even carry anymore?

13. dutchs

dutchs Well-Known Member

I can not tell if this was meant to have an intelligent conversation about this subject or not. That being said, this is why I ( read this as me personally) removed this thread once before, your confrontational manner and your persistent need to discount that this was the exception not the rule tells me perhaps you are the one with the EGO gone wild. I am saying this as the last discussion on this thread about this subject and I do hope you consider taking a long look at who is being unreasonable here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.