CCW ammo

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by bam8252, Mar 31, 2012.

1. bam8252

bam8252 New Member

I know I have been a member for awhile but I am a new Glock Owner. I purchased a Gen 4 Glock 19 and have taken it to the range several times and absolutely love it.

I am curious, what would be a good dependable ammo to use for conceal carry for my glock and. It break the bank.

2. MiguelAngel

MiguelAngel New Member

Welcome to the forum!!!! Congratz on your new G19....

3. Lovethyglock

Lovethyglock New Member

Critical defense are really good. They cost more but I wouldn't target shoot them. Buy a couple boxes, shoot a box to verify your glock likes them ( which shouldn't be a problem at all). I keep 2 mags loaded with them and unload those mags when I target shoot. Then I reload those mags with the critical defense rounds. Unless you are actually having to fire you gun for defense then a couple boxes should last quite awhile. The more expensive ammo is made to much higher quality standards than target ammo so that is what you are actually paying for. I personally don't want to take any chances on my ammo not firing when I really need it. Isn't that why we use glocks anyway. Pay the extra for your personal defense ammo. It is worth it. Just my .02 worth.

4. BLCKWLF

BLCKWLF GrassHopper

i currently carry Hornady FPD TAP because it is reliable and proven and cheaper than most… just find a hollow point that you like, can afford to practice with occasionally, and that is from a reliable company. forget ballistics and crap, they really don't matter all that much, MHO.

5. jimmyalbrecht

jimmyalbrecht Glockn Rollin

Check out the Winchester Ranger T series. I've heard nothing but good things from this ammo.

6. ArmedCitizen30

ArmedCitizen30 New Member

Hornady TAP FPD here also

7. Kmurray96

Kmurray96 Well-Known Member Supporter

If it's legal to carry JHP in your state, I'd go with Hornaday Critical Defense/Duty or the T-Series Ranger from Winchester.

8. Happysniper1

Happysniper1 New Member

Hello, Bam8252, and WELCOME to the Forum!

If you could post a *Hi There* in the Introductions section, other Members would be able to welcome you here as well.

Hey, that profile pic almost looks like it was taken someplace in Pima County? Unless that's a P3C and I'm just not seeing the tail boom...?

Cheers!

9. Hornady TAP FPD +P here, though thinking of switching to Speer Gold Dot at a normal load

Welcome to the forum, Bam

10. LT2108

LT2108 Administrator Staff Member Admin Moderator Lifetime Supporting Member

Ohio
    When I had a 19, I used Speer Gold Dot 124+p, very nice round and used by NYPD.

Welcome to the forum, a lot of great people and info here !

11. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Sponsor Lifetime Supporting Member

Welcome to the Glock Forum bam8252 !!