Glock Firearms banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know I have been a member for awhile but I am a new Glock Owner. I purchased a Gen 4 Glock 19 and have taken it to the range several times and absolutely love it.

I am curious, what would be a good dependable ammo to use for conceal carry for my glock and. It break the bank.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Critical defense are really good. They cost more but I wouldn't target shoot them. Buy a couple boxes, shoot a box to verify your glock likes them ( which shouldn't be a problem at all). I keep 2 mags loaded with them and unload those mags when I target shoot. Then I reload those mags with the critical defense rounds. Unless you are actually having to fire you gun for defense then a couple boxes should last quite awhile. The more expensive ammo is made to much higher quality standards than target ammo so that is what you are actually paying for. I personally don't want to take any chances on my ammo not firing when I really need it. Isn't that why we use glocks anyway. Pay the extra for your personal defense ammo. It is worth it. Just my .02 worth.

·
GrassHopper
8,204 Posts
i currently carry Hornady FPD TAP because it is reliable and proven and cheaper than most… just find a hollow point that you like, can afford to practice with occasionally, and that is from a reliable company. forget ballistics and crap, they really don't matter all that much, MHO.

·
Glockn Rollin
2,656 Posts
Check out the Winchester Ranger T series. I've heard nothing but good things from this ammo.

·
Premium Member
8,653 Posts
If it's legal to carry JHP in your state, I'd go with Hornaday Critical Defense/Duty or the T-Series Ranger from Winchester.

·
Registered
13,460 Posts
Hello, Bam8252, and WELCOME to the Forum!

If you could post a *Hi There* in the Introductions section, other Members would be able to welcome you here as well.

Hey, that profile pic almost looks like it was taken someplace in Pima County? Unless that's a P3C and I'm just not seeing the tail boom...?

Cheers!

·
Registered
4,359 Posts
Hornady TAP FPD +P here, though thinking of switching to Speer Gold Dot at a normal load

Welcome to the forum, Bam

·
Administrator
53,029 Posts
When I had a 19, I used Speer Gold Dot 124+p, very nice round and used by NYPD.

Welcome to the forum, a lot of great people and info here !

1 - 11 of 11 Posts