CCI or Magtech ammo

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by TC125, Jul 6, 2012.

1. TC125

TC125 New Member

I'm looking at buying some ammo with all the online deals going on right now. I'm looking at 40 and 9 rounds. Anyone have anything good or bad to say about these two brands? Also the magtech jhp are 115 grain +p rounds. I know that they are loaded a little hotter, but any feedback would be great.

2. SeventiesWreckers

SeventiesWreckers Load Bearing Wall

No experience with .40 or 9mm. But I have shot Magtech in .45 ACP & .44 Rem Mag. Never had a problem with them. Magtech is pretty popular around here. I've shot CCI in .22 LR & .22 Mag since the 70's, no problem with it either.

3. G-23

G-23 Premium Member

Can't talk for MagTech but CCI ammo is usually loaded on the hot side.

Out to tens of thousands of 40 and 9mm I have never had a manufacturing defect.

There was a load (1000) I received that the case the corner had been crushed reducing the OAL of the 40 cal bullets but I blame that on the shipper only and Natchez replaced the ammo (a couple of boxes) for free on my next order.

4. zipper046

zipper046 Member Supporter

Have, and shot both in .40. Both are good, go with whichever has best deal.

5. dwcfastrice

dwcfastrice Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporting Member

I've shot both of those brands in .40 and 9 (and .22 and .25). Both are excellent. No issues.

CCI makes great .22 LR rounds and I think the Magtech .25 ACP rounds rock.

D

6. Shot a ton of CCI over the years during training sessions on the range in .40. Never had any issues at all with it. I have no experience with 9mm or with Magtech ammo though. I don't think you would go wrong with the CCI though. Just my .02.

7. TC125

TC125 New Member

Thanks guys for your input. I've been shooting federal ammo because that's whats cheap at Wally world, but i keep hearing bad stuff about it. Thanks for the info on the magtech and cci stuff. Now i just gotta dip into my zombie apocalyse fund for new ammo and guns.