Glock Firearms banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at buying some ammo with all the online deals going on right now. I'm looking at 40 and 9 rounds. Anyone have anything good or bad to say about these two brands? Also the magtech jhp are 115 grain +p rounds. I know that they are loaded a little hotter, but any feedback would be great.

·
Load Bearing Wall
4,095 Posts
No experience with .40 or 9mm. But I have shot Magtech in .45 ACP & .44 Rem Mag. Never had a problem with them. Magtech is pretty popular around here. I've shot CCI in .22 LR & .22 Mag since the 70's, no problem with it either.

·
Premium Member
1,516 Posts
I'm looking at buying some ammo with all the online deals going on right now. I'm looking at 40 and 9 rounds. Anyone have anything good or bad to say about these two brands? Also the magtech jhp are 115 grain +p rounds. I know that they are loaded a little hotter, but any feedback would be great.
Can't talk for MagTech but CCI ammo is usually loaded on the hot side.

Out to tens of thousands of 40 and 9mm I have never had a manufacturing defect.

There was a load (1000) I received that the case the corner had been crushed reducing the OAL of the 40 cal bullets but I blame that on the shipper only and Natchez replaced the ammo (a couple of boxes) for free on my next order.

·
Premium Member
8,787 Posts
I've shot both of those brands in .40 and 9 (and .22 and .25). Both are excellent. No issues.

CCI makes great .22 LR rounds and I think the Magtech .25 ACP rounds rock.

D

·
Registered
286 Posts
Shot a ton of CCI over the years during training sessions on the range in .40. Never had any issues at all with it. I have no experience with 9mm or with Magtech ammo though. I don't think you would go wrong with the CCI though. Just my .02.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys for your input. I've been shooting federal ammo because that's whats cheap at Wally world, but i keep hearing bad stuff about it. Thanks for the info on the magtech and cci stuff. Now i just gotta dip into my zombie apocalyse fund for new ammo and guns.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts