CC @ Doctor's Office

Discussion in 'Conceal & Open Carry' started by Green-Water, Apr 12, 2012.

1. Green-Water

Green-Water New Member

I did a search but didn't find anything. Has anyone carried to a doctor's appointment, knowing that you'll more than likely be taking your shirt off?

Looking forward to hearing your opinions!!

2. jimmyalbrecht

jimmyalbrecht Glockn Rollin

I would probably just open carry there. Then there's no awkward moment when they realize I have a gun concealed.

3. ballcoach16

ballcoach16 New Member

I always carry. Never a word said.

4. Green-Water

Green-Water New Member

No open carry in Arkansas.

5. BLCKWLF

BLCKWLF GrassHopper

Most doctors offices are "no gun zones" where i live, especially if they are at a hospital.

6. Seems to me it would depend on the doctor and the law where you live. I think you asking the wrong people. Check your laws, then call your doctor and ask.

7. littleposerfish

littleposerfish New Member

i always get better service carrying lol.

8. Green-Water

Green-Water New Member

I know the laws in my state. I'm not asking if I can carry to a Doctor's appointment in my state of residence. I'm curious to know the opinions of people and their experience with carrying to doctor's offices no matter what state they live.

9. G-23

G-23 Premium Member

YEA, we have a winner!;)

10. jonm61

jonm61 New Member

I have carried to doctor's appointments. Mostly pocket carry, occasionally ankle carry; it depends on what doctor I'm going to see, as that will determine what I may/will have to remove.

There was one day that I went from physical therapy to a doctor's appt. Because I had been working out in PT, I was in gym clothes. I was carrying a Walther PPS in a belly band. Most of my doctors listen to my heart and lungs through my shirt. I didn't think about the fact that this particular doctor pulled my shirt up to do that. I remembered as he grabbed the bottom edge of my t-shirt and I didn't get my hand back there fast enough. He quickly yanked the back of my shirt up. My shirt caught the butt of my PPS, stripping it from the holster and tossing it to the floor. He freaked; "I didn't know you had a GUN there!" I calmly got up, retrieved it, sat back on the table and tucked it under my thigh until he was done. He left the room for a minute, I put the gun back on my hip and that was the end of it. By the time of my next appt, he'd forgotten about it. I started either leaving it in the car or carrying in a different location.

11. Argyle64

Argyle64 New Member

I always carry to the doctor unless I know I'm having surgery. Then it stays home.

12. Green-Water

Green-Water New Member

Great story!!

13. jonm61

jonm61 New Member

:) It taught me that I needed to buy a belly band with a thumb break!

14. Green-Water

Green-Water New Member

Haha!! I'll bet it did.

15. SteveC

SteveC New Member

Absolutely. WV is open carry but the buildings at the medical school where I teach and practice are considered state facilities and guns are off limits except for LEOs.