Castle Doctrine NC

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by whitemeat880, Jan 26, 2012.

1. whitemeat880

whitemeat880 New Member

Hey guys gotta question about the "castle doctrine" laws in North Carolina. I understand home invasions but the workplace I'm wondering about. With possession of a conceal carry license can I take my pistol into the bar I work at? I do not drink there I just dj. The primary reasoning for me to get my concealed is the dangers of going from my car to the club and then from the club to my car. We have a lot of stick up type robberies in this area and I'm carrying a large amount of money in equipment. Can anyone please elaborate in detail whether I can carry my pistol legally inside where alcohol is served but is my job? Thanks guys!

2. Chub19C

Chub19C Junior Member

Your Governor just signed new gun laws in Dec. Best to goggle NC gun laws but use the ncdoj .gov site, or talk to your Attorney.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2012

3. whitemeat880

whitemeat880 New Member

Yeah that's y I am curious. I heard its ok but I wanna know for sure. I'm taking concealed in the am so I will see what the instructor has to say. Thanks for the input btw.

4. Levelcross

Levelcross New Member

Let us know the verdict, and the source. I know several bouncers that carry in bars and they say leaving the building is when they want to have it with them.

5. MikeDeltaRomeo

MikeDeltaRomeo New Member

I don't believe that you can carry your weapon into an establishment who's primary source of income is the sale of alcohol ( a Bar,Club, Liquor store) unless you are peace officer. However, I am not up to date with the laws in your state.

6. whitemeat880

whitemeat880 New Member

I got all my questions answered today by my concealed instructor. You must follow the same rules as open carry as far as no schools, gov't buildings, anywhere the prohibits firearms, banks or places that furnish alcoholic beverages that ate consumed on site. However working in a bar that serves alcohol it is up to the property owner whether or not you ate able to carry because it is considered private property.

7. whitemeat880

whitemeat880 New Member

By the way these laws known as home, workplace, and motor vehicle act of 2011 and went into effect December 1 2011.

image-1243291165.jpg

8. This is completely dependent on the state. For example in MI, you cannot carry in a bar. You can carry in a restaurant that has a bar, but their primary agenda has to be food and you cannot sit at the bar.

In Missouri, however, you can carry in a bar all you want with permission of the bar owner or manager. Interestingly enough, in MO you cannot carry a firearm while you are intoxicated. However if you do, and someone attacks you and you shoot them, you are justified in the defense of your life even though you are not legally supposed to have the firearm in your possession while intoxicated. Fun fact.

I'm 99% sure that the laws just written in NC are the same as here in Missouri in that you can carry in a bar or club as long as you have permission of the property owner.

9. whitemeat880

whitemeat880 New Member

U r correct sir!