Glock Firearms banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finished my 8hr class here in TN to get my carrying permit.. Also got a great book, gun & knife law book. Great literature if ya travel very much!!!

·
If it goes boom or bang, I want to play with it!
1,000 Posts
Congrats! it's a great feeling walking out the door carrying for the first time. Welcome to the club!

·
Registered
190 Posts
Hey guys i have a chance to get my ccw here in CA my good friend is a sheriff.but i still need to have a good cause please help

·
Lead Farmer
2,882 Posts
zachG23 said:
Hey guys i have a chance to get my ccw here in CA my good friend is a sheriff.but i still need to have a good cause please help
Too bad you cant use the 2 amendment as a good cause, goodluck.

·
Happy Member :)
5,220 Posts
zachG23 said:
A good reason is because your good friend is sheriff. Lol. Hmmm luckily in Florida we don't need a reason.

·
Premium Member
287 Posts
Tell them it's cause you watch the New's.:)

·
Cock The Glock
58 Posts
I'm confused here.. lol A good reason to carry? Well its your right, personal protection, the best one for my reasoning is JOBS.. Tell them your looking into armed security or a job that you need to have a ccw for.

·
Cock The Glock
58 Posts
Congrats! Now in TN do you have to wait for your CCW to arrive in the mail? Excuse my ignorance lol but im not sure if its a nation law or state law that requires you to wait after completing the class.. waitings the worst part.. lol took me a little under 2 months

·
Registered
74 Posts
40calGlock22 said:
Congrats! Now in TN do you have to wait for your CCW to arrive in the mail? Excuse my ignorance lol but im not sure if its a nation law or state law that requires you to wait after completing the class.. waitings the worst part.. lol took me a little under 2 months
Once you pass the 8 hr class, you have to go apply for your permit at the DMV, $115.00 fee. Once you fill out the application and give them a copy of your passing course paperwork, they give you info on how to get fingerprinted. Once you get your fingerprints done, they have up to 90 days to issue your CCW license and yes it comes in the mail.

I got mine in about 30 days.

·
5,220 Posts
In Florida you don't do it at the DMV, it's done at the agriculture department, and our fee is $112.

·
Cock The Glock
58 Posts
Well I mean we didnt do it at the DMV either, here its the sherrifs office or county clerk.. and it was $105.. "roughly" they are the same.. lol not technically :p

·
Premium Member
287 Posts
gladesbassin said:
Damn youuuuu lolol. $105 including prints and all?
You really gonna like this one then, $20.00 in Escambia County Alabama and walk out the door with it, sometime the maximum wait is approximately 3 days.

·
5,220 Posts
david1962hd said:
You really gonna like this one then, $20.00 in Escambia County Alabama and walk out the door with it, sometime the maximum wait is approximately 3 days.
Escambia county here I come.lol how far is that from prattville? I got a buddy that's from there.

·
Premium Member
287 Posts
gladesbassin said:
Escambia county here I come.lol how far is that from prattville? I got a buddy that's from there.
About 115 miles, 1.75 hour drive (approximately)

·
5,220 Posts
I couldn't move there. To many bama and auburn fans lol. I would feel like a traitor.

·
Premium Member
287 Posts
gladesbassin said:
I couldn't move there. To many bama and auburn fans lol. I would feel like a traitor.
Yea you are right about the Bama and Auburn fans. Around here you are a typical obnoxious Bama fan or a typical obnoxious Auburn fan there really ain't no other. War Damn Eagle!!!

·
Lurker
106 Posts
Congrats OP. I finished my 12 hour class last saturday. Here in ohio you have to take the class, 10 hours class time 2 hours range time, and then take your certificate and ccw application to the sheriffs office in your county and pay 67.00 (if you've been a resident for the last 5 years) for them to do a background and mental sanity test. I should get mine in 2-3 weeks, and you have to go back to the sheriffs office to pick it up, no mailing

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.