Glock Firearms banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have not got my ccw yet, but I live in Washington and travel to Oregon for work. I travel about 80 miles round trip. I was wondering the laws about carrying over state lines.

·
Click Click Boom
45,268 Posts
You need to check your state and the state you ate traveling to's law. Some states accept other states permits while some don't. Every state is gonna have a different law.

·
Banned
2,947 Posts
las4wo said:
I have not got my ccw yet, but I live in Washington and travel to Oregon for work. I travel about 80 miles round trip. I was wondering the laws about carrying over state lines.
You need to obey the carry and transport laws for each state.

·
Load Bearing Wall
4,095 Posts
The last time I checked Oregon didn't honor any other states permit.

·
Click Click Boom
45,268 Posts
SeventiesWreckers said:
The last time I checked Oregon didn't honor any other states permit.
I believe that's correct

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Oregon does not recognize out of state permits, but you can get a permit in Oregon as an out of state CHL. Meaning you can go to an Oregon Sheriffs office and apply for a CHL as long as you live in a bordering state. But it depends on the county you apply in and the Sheriff, some are easier than others.

http://www.usacarry.com/oregon_concealed_carry_permit_information.html

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
nukinfuts29 said:
Guys he said he does not have a CPL yet.

Just sayin lol
I'm just saying you can apply for one there. I used to live in Oregon and frequent there quite often, but next time I'm there I will be applying for one.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Yeah I live in Indiana and work in Illinois pretty much have to leave my gun at home and outta the car throughout the week. Kinda blows. Illinois is pretty much terrible lol

·
Registered
572 Posts
bfish said:
Yeah I live in Indiana and work in Illinois pretty much have to leave my gun at home and outta the car throughout the week. Kinda blows. Illinois is pretty much terrible lol
Hey! Illinois is not terrible!

IT'S HORRIBLE!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
4,359 Posts
Hey Glockmaster, what app is that you posted a screenshot of?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts