Glock Firearms banner
1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After the Colorado murders, I have really been thinking about how "safe", "safe" places actually are...First, let me say that I carry everywhere I can. This morning, I was in church (with my weapon concealed) and I wondered how often violence occurs at churches or other places of worship. I was surprised to find how frequent (105 incidents with 48 deaths in 2012).

Just curious if anyone else 1) carries in church and/or 2) pondered these thoughts....

http://www.carlchinn.com/Church_Security_Concepts.html

·
Click Click Boom
45,268 Posts
I don't carry due to the state I live in but if I could yes I would carry in church.

I know from reading around ALOT of other members carry in church, I am sure they will be along soon.

·
Carry on my friends!!!!
974 Posts
Everywhere 24/7 except into buildings with Federal Guards or Schools, PD's and places with Metal Detectors,

·
Load Bearing Wall
4,095 Posts
An old joke comes to mind-

A woman & a Priest are seated together, ringside at a boxing match. One of the boxers is the woman's husband, and he's not doing very well.
The woman asks the Priest to Pray for her husband. The Priest replies: I will my dear, but it would help if he could punch.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I have had thoughts about it. It is tough to think about doing so being the youth pastor. I want to be the example of peace and safety, but I also want to be prepared. The good news is I know at least 3 other CHL holders in our church.

·
Registered
546 Posts
I carry to church religiously haha but seriously I always do. I feel that they are easy targets and really a place I feel more compelled to carry than others from stories I've herd etc.. just watch out when giving people hugs I've had a couple of surprised old ladies!

·
Registered
63 Posts
I and several other members carry at church. We even have a written plan in case of a active shooter. I wouldn't be surprised if the pastor carried on occasion.

·
Registered
24 Posts
carry in church

After the Colorado murders, I have really been thinking about how "safe", "safe" places actually are...First, let me say that I carry everywhere I can. This morning, I was in church (with my weapon concealed) and I wondered how often violence occurs at churches or other places of worship. I was surprised to find how frequent (105 incidents with 48 deaths in 2012).

Just curious if anyone else 1) carries in church and/or 2) pondered these thoughts....

I carry in church all the time. :) Our local sheriff was the speaker at our gun club last year and said he wish every one in the county carried conceal may be it would stop some of the crime in our county and he also said to secure our churches and the church nursery's. Our pastor went with some of the older members on a trip last year and on the trip one place they went to had metal detectors and some members said they couldn't go in there so the pastor told them he would stay out side because he had all ready been in that place before so he would keep the things that people could not carry in side and said he had so much stuff in like to pull his pants off.

·
Registered
24 Posts
church

I carry in church all the time. :) Our local sheriff was the speaker at our gun club last year and said he wish every one in the county carried conceal may be it would stop some of the crime in our county and he also said to secure our churches and the church nursery's. Our pastor went with some of the older members on a trip last year and on the trip one place they went to had metal detectors and some members said they couldn't go in there so the pastor told them he would stay out side because he had all ready been in that place before so he would keep the things that people could not carry in side and said he had so much stuff it like to pull his pants off. :D

·
Registered
547 Posts
If my pants are on I have my gun on my side. Church members are easy targets for sick minds, if you have a CCW carry it and never tell. No one has made me at Church as long as I have been carrying.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Yes I do carry in Church and like someone said above, if you don't protect yourself and family, who will. I choose to do it myself! I carry a gun because a cop won't fit in my pocket!!

·
Banned
1,214 Posts
Carry in church!!!! There are a lot of church shootings so you should carry at church. If your weapon is concealed, no one knows you have it. If no one knows you have it, then it's all good.

·
Banned
1,000 Posts
Thread moved to Conceal & Open Carry sub forum.

1 - 20 of 78 Posts