Glock Firearms banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Republic Of Texas & 50K Contest Winner Member
3,075 Posts
I CARRY MY G42 ON ME, TAURUS JUDGE IN THE TRUCK & THE S&W M&P SHIELD 40 ON MY WIFE

Reactions: Belacose and Danzig

·
Banned
261 Posts
Somebody posted about carrying an extra gun. If you do, where do you carry it? I usually carry a Glock 17 and want to also carry my Glock 26. Where is the best place to carry the second gun?
Well what do you know, another G17 carrier. I have been carrying mine since 1989.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
This is how I used to carry my 32 and 33.
The spare magazine is from the 31 which will fit either gun. I might replace these with twin gen5 32s if Glock ever releases a gen5 32.

·
Premium Member
2,105 Posts
I started carrying two guns probably 1995 or 96. Originally carried two j-frame .357's in a pull-thru shoulder rig (anyone remember alessi?), then a few years later went to two glocks in a survivalsheath pull-thru shoulder rig. Shoulder rigs were worn under my shirt, which is one of the benefits of being a big oaf. Strangely, two guns in a shoulder rig conceal better than one gun in a shoulder rig since you don't have the one-sided bulge as a give-away.

For a while I carried two guns in ankle holsters, but a couple years ago switched to a PM9 aiwb and a little LCP in my off-side front pocket.

It's not that I think I'm in a John Woo movie or something, and I can't envision any scenario where I'd be shooting both at once. Part of my thinking is that I could potentially arm an unarmed person, primarily my wife since she doesn't carry. At one time my sons were still young enough that they didn't either, but they're grown now.

Biggest reason I carry two is simply that I want an option available with whichever hand I can use at the time if one of them is compromised, pinned, grabbed, etc.

Reactions: Roadking23

·
Registered
406 Posts
This subject's a well worn path on pretty much every gun forum. MHO? Unless you're an on duty LEO or high profile security, one's enough. The average Joe/Joanne going about their daily business will likely never have to draw their EDC in anger. Besides, in today's fevered atmosphere, should the worst happen, the first thing the authorities will ask is, "Why two guns? You looking for trouble?" and it goes downhill from there. Before you bury me in what if's, it's MHO. If carrying two's your thing, by all means.

·
Premium Member
3,689 Posts
I only carry one a revolver or pistol at a time.

·
Premium Member
14,110 Posts
I will carry 2 guns if both are small. Like my shield as a primary, and my Lcp 2 as a BUG.

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
I carry my 19X at appendix and my S&W 637 J-Frame on my ankle or depending what I am wearing I’ll carry it at appendix too

·
Premium Member
14,110 Posts
This subject's a well worn path on pretty much every gun forum. MHO? Unless you're an on duty LEO or high profile security, one's enough. The average Joe/Joanne going about their daily business will likely never have to draw their EDC in anger. Besides, in today's fevered atmosphere, should the worst happen, the first thing the authorities will ask is, "Why two guns? You looking for trouble?" and it goes downhill from there. Before you bury me in what if's, it's MHO. If carrying two's your thing, by all means.
I often carry my wife’s gun or a gun for my wife, when we are out together. She has a carry permit, but never seems to remember her gun. So in my mind I’d rather have one I can hand off to her in a SHTF situation.

·
Republic Of Texas & 50K Contest Winner Member
3,075 Posts
I often carry my wife’s gun or a gun for my wife, when we are out together. She has a carry permit, but never seems to remember her gun. So in my mind I’d rather have one I can hand off to her in a SHTF situation.
Funny I seem to have the same problem. I always keep the Taurus Judge in the truck, along with my EDC on me.

Reactions: Beach Life FJB

·
Registered
209 Posts
Carry "one or two" is a decision I make based on the circumstances I intend to be in that day.

IF the day calls for two concealed guns, I make sure they both take the same spare magazine(s). That is one of the BEST features of Glock pistols, as far as I'm concerned. You can have up to three guns of the same caliber, and the largest magazine fits all three of them. G22, G23, G27 is the perfect example. G17, G19, G26 is another.

·
Registered
226 Posts
I never carry more than one gun ON me.
Now if I'm going out of town then my G20 and a few extra mags go in the console of my car. G43 on my side as usual. Two spare mags for it.
Just a regular day I carry my G43. Eight rounds in gun no reloads.
That said I schedule my running around time around when the majority of the idiots are not out. Things like grocery shopping early before all the fools and riffraff get up.
If I feel the need for a lot of fire power, then it's time to stay home.

·
Registered
421 Posts
I only carry one, but I have been considering carrying two. Like others have said, it would be nice to have a BUG or be able to hand one off to my wife or friend if need be.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Since your question was where to carry your G 26, poster 4 had the best solution with two on the belt. The double shoulder rig was good to especially if you wear a suit

1 - 20 of 36 Posts