Carry permit!!

Discussion in 'Conceal & Open Carry' started by gen4_G21, May 18, 2012.

1. gen4_G21

gen4_G21 New Member

Hello all! Finally I'm part of the club.. I received my carry license yesterday afternoon! I was so excited lol. Like a kid on Xmas! I had to go to the grocery store so of course I took my glock. It's defiantly a whole new feeling walking around with a handgun on your person.
    It's a great accomplishment though.. A reassuring feeling knowing I am fully able to protect my family and myself and others if that situation were to ever occur.

It took about two months to receive my permit here in AR. My next step is I need to find a good solid holster. ....guess I need to get that done pretty quick, I have a cheap holster that really isn't even for my G21 and it started to get uncomfortable yesterday after about two hours. Anyway just wanted to share with all my fellow glock heads!! Hope everyone is doing well!!

2. Congratulations... wlecome to the legally allowed to protect side.

3. jimmyalbrecht

jimmyalbrecht Glockn Rollin

Congratulations! Were you nervous the first time? I probably looked like a crackhead the first time I wore mine out in public. Whenever someone looked at me I thought for sure they knew I was packing lol!

4. dutchs

dutchs Well-Known Member

HAHAHAHAHA ^^^^^^ I felt the same way, next time was much better though. Congrats man!

5. gen4_G21

gen4_G21 New Member

Yeah man I was really nervous even though I knew that I could legally carry now. Lol. After about 30 or so mins I felt a little more relaxed. My wife and I just had our son last Friday, so I've got to run to work today and grab some insurance paperwork so I'll have more opportunity to get out with it today.

6. jimmyalbrecht

jimmyalbrecht Glockn Rollin

It will become natural eventually. My fiance was a little weirded out by the idea as well, and I think she was more nervous than I was, but now she doesn't even think about it after we had a scary moment, and I almost had to draw down on a guy (literally had my hand on the gun and was pulling it out when he backed his car away and drove off). Now she makes sure I take it with me everywhere haha.

7. gen4_G21

gen4_G21 New Member

Yeah I bet she does!! I'll probably be a lot more comfortable today and from now on. It will be a ton better when I get a decent holster. I using a small "pancake" style holster and the only spot it's half way comfortable is right up front. So the next few days I'll decide rather to get the Mtac or something else.

8. DarthCa1

DarthCa1 New Member

[​IMG]
    Yeah!!very nice!

9. series11

series11 Hail Commifornia Lifetime Supporting Member

Congradulations!!!! I'm waiting for mine in the mail. They said 4-6 weeks.... I am in CA after all but it is annoying.... Then I will be apart of the club

10. gen4_G21

gen4_G21 New Member

How long have you been waiting? They told me it could take up to four months lol. glad it didn't take that long!!

11. series11

I completed the whole thing up on the 15th so we will see.

12. RockoutwithmyGlockout

RockoutwithmyGlockout New Member

Welcome to the club. Please be sure to be aware of all applicable laws in your state. :) be safe!
    -James

13. gen4_G21

gen4_G21 New Member

Yeah the guy that did the class was very knowledgable, and gave me a copy of all the laws. I studied them pretty well. I intend to look over them more though.

14. carljr1987

carljr1987 New Member

Wow mine came in the mail in 2 weeks. I am in the south though. Didn't need class or anything.

15. series11

In CA it is about next dec for an appointment. Then the appointment takes 15 min and then you have to wait 30 days to get mailed for approval. Then once your application is accepted you have to do a livescan and take a 16 hour CCW class within 30 days then you have to schedule an issuance appointment. The appointment takes 10 min and then you have to wait 4-6 weeks for the license....

My father in law in TX had a 8 hour class and took a month to get his license...

But notice how there are less handgun crimes in CA.....;)

16. carljr1987

carljr1987 New Member

True that why I ccw a g22

17. MikeMT

MikeMT New Member

Welcome to the 'legal to carry' club! Congrats!!

Carrying a gun concealed in public is a different feeling for sure. Comforting and scary all at the same time. If nothing else, it makes you more aware of potential criminals around you...and, I for one, can stand to be more aware of my surroundings