Glock Firearms banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
As soon as chicago gets rid of it's mayor and police commisioner. They are both antigun. I just read an article in America's first freedom. If you can get a copy of it it is interesting .

·
I have the body of a god........Budda
6,346 Posts
I have a "flying pig" net in the closet just in case.

·
Banned
1,000 Posts
I just do not understand how a mayor or police chief can change federal law? And the people are ok with thjs in IL?

No were are not!

Its just the government here is corrupted. That is why he have 2 former governors that are behind bars right now. Cause they want to run the state their way an not the way the citizens want it. I have yet talk to a LEO that is not for CC. They have even said that they are for CC cause there are times were they will not be able to to get to you in time to protect you.

Chicago is the only place that is holding the rest of Illinois back.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
if chicago police are for CC then they should boycott or start doing their own CC screening of people they know and are ok witih carrying. who else is gonna arrest someone if the cops are ok with CC? lol

just a crazy thought =P

·
Banned
1,000 Posts
if chicago police are for CC then they should boycott or start doing their own CC screening of people they know and are ok witih carrying. who else is gonna arrest someone if the cops are ok with CC? lol

just a crazy thought =P

I don't know if Chicago police are for CC cause I live in the middle of the state ( about 3 to 4 hours away from chicago) and the cops here are for CC.

·
Registered
13 Posts
My understanding is most LE in Chicago actually support concealed carry including Illinois Association of Chiefs of Police, the Illinois Sheriffs' Association, the Chicago Police Lieutenants' Association and the Chicago Police Sergeants' Association. Politics is the issue here with politicians likely thinking concealed carry will open the flood gates. I live in Chicago and I'm sure everyone but the politicians will admit that gun laws are doing nothing to stop gun violence here. The flood gates are wide open now! It's an irresponsible party platform.

But I bet if the license fee was $500 to the state the platform would change quickly.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
nicolasfroelich said:

just a crazy thought =P
I also live in IL about 3-4 hrs away from Chicago depending on traffic, but for my job I travel all over the lower and central part of the state and all the police and military I talk to are all for CC but like gunner said its Chicago holding the rest of us back

·
Banned
1,000 Posts
They are working on getting CC passed in Illinois. Keeping fingers crossed:

Petitioner works for concealed carry

CHARLESTON — Petitions circulating in Coles County ask residents if they want the state to change the law so it would be legal to carry concealed weapons.
Charleston resident Stan Carpenter is conducting the petition drive. He said he’s working with an organization called ICarry.org that’s based in Rockford and has worked on the issue across Illinois.

Carpenter said he wants to put a referendum on the April ballot that would ask whether voters want to end the state’s prohibition on carrying concealed weapons. The outcome wouldn’t have any binding effect, but he said the Illinois legislature needs to hear how the state’s residents feel about the issue.

“We’re trying to send a message to the state from the counties that we want our constitutional rights,” Carpenter said. “A lot of people would love to have this simply for the fact that they would feel safer.”

A minimum of 1,188 signatures from county registered voters would be required for a referendum and the deadline to collect the signatures for the April election is Jan. 7, according to the Coles County Clerk’s Office.

Carpenter said he’s been gathering signatures for about a month and, as of last week, had 250 to 300.

He said he’s heard some opposition to the idea of allowing the concealed carrying of weapons but thinks the benefits are greater. People allowed to carry the guns would have to take and pass a firearms safety course and “live by that rule,” he said.

Some people have told him they don’t like guns and couldn’t think about shooting someone, he said. His response, Carpenter said, is to ask what someone would do if threatened, especially if the threat is against a person’s life.
Carpenter also said he “fully understands” concerns about guns in homes with children, but that’s where training and safety are key.

“It’s an accident waiting to happen if you don’t have them locked up,” he said.

Carpenter said he hasn’t gone door-to-door to try to collect signatures yet. For now, he’s planning to try to set up in locations where people can sign the petitions, and he plans to have a schedule for that posted on his Facebook page at some point.
He also said anyone who wants to contact him about the issue can do so by phone at 549-4849 or by email at [email protected].
[email protected]|238-6858

http://icarry.org/

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.